DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One more French pilot.

DarkskyZ

Reactions
Hi all,

I have been lurking for some time now and having my 2nd Mavic on order I thought it would be the time to join.

So to this day I own a Mavic Mini (fly more combo) I bought in November 2019. I flew it around 180 kms, 15 hours and about 105 flights (thanks Airdata !). I would have flown way more if not for a havoc of a year with lors of confinement and restrictions. But at least that left me wanting a better drone and after much thinking, I ordered a Mavic Air 2 (Fly more combo again) probably not to replace the mini but to have a more potent drone too because it is always windy where I live.
I would have gone Mavic 2 Pro but I didn't feel like going through the hassle of registration it requires here in France.

Anyway, I hope to get it any day now (should have been here yesterday...), can't wait !

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi all,

I have been lurking for some time now and having my 2nd Mavic on order I thought it would be the time to join.

So to this day I own a Mavic Mini (fly more combo) I bought in November 2019. I flew it around 180 kms, 15 hours and about 105 flights (thanks Airdata !). I would have flown way more if not for a havoc of a year with lors of confinement and restrictions. But at least that left me wanting a better drone and after much thinking, I ordered a Mavic Air 2 (Fly more combo again) probably not to replace the mini but to have a more potent drone too because it is always windy where I live.
I would have gone Mavic 2 Pro but I didn't feel like going through the hassle of registration it requires here in France.

Anyway, I hope to get it any day now (should have been here yesterday...), can't wait !

Welcome to the AIR 2 Family, ,are vote for drone of the Decade.

Did I understand that you do not have to Register the Air 2 in France but you do the Mavic 2 is that based on weight or the drone ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

?

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Did I understand that you do not have to Register the Air 2 in France but you do the Mavic 2 is that based on weight or the drone ?

That is somehow right. We are actually in a grayish zone for the next few years because there is a gap between French laws and EU laws. French laws being looser this time but they will merge (for the worse IMHO) within 2 years. It is a bit hard for me to explain in details but as of today, you have to pass an online exam and then register - as a pilot - to fly an aircraft capable of taking pictures but drones being < 850g don't need to be registered for now. Some things differs in what you are allowed to do with a Mini and an Air 2 but nothing too restricting for my use.

Hi all,

Bonjour de l'Angleterre et un maison secondaire dans le Var.

Steve

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada