DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One of the most famous islands at ancient history: Temple of Melqart-Hercules

eutx9795

Reactions
Hope you like this little piece of history

This castle, located on an island at the mouth of the Caño de Sancti-Petri, is historically linked to one of the most important and famous temples of antiquity: the Temple of Melqart-Hercules.
According to the historiography, in this temple was buried Hercules, mythical founder of Cádiz, who arrived to perform one of his twelve works: the theft of the bulls of King Gerión de Tartessos, which he killed during the performance of the feat. In addition to the remains of Hercules, the Heraklion contained important relics, such as the Teucro belt or the Pygmalion tree.
His fame spread throughout the Mediterranean and numerous classical writers such as Strabo, Philostratus and Posidonius narrate the visit of illustrious figures, such as Amílcar Barca, Aníbal or Julio César; being this temple where Hannibal offered the god his vows before undertaking the conquest of Italy or where Julius Caesar wept before the statue of Alexander the Great, because, at thirty-two years, had not yet reached the glory of the Macedonian.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Very cool, thank you for the information. I'm just now writing an essay on the history of Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece, and this information would be very useful to me. I also found useful information on how to write a history esaay on the site How To Write a History Essay | Espace Academy, but I also was searching for sources about the history of the Ancient World as I needed interesting non-trivial information.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa