DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One rotor makes a weird metallic sound when rotating by hand

MakswelL

Reactions
Problem? top right rotor makes a weird metallic sound when rotating it by hand.

Was unit in a crash? no (not entirely sure) but the drone is in top condition, not a single scratch mark.

What have you tried so far?: just turning the blades with my hand, slow and moderate speeds. Not sure if it is save to make a flight, or should I try to fix it before.

Hello guys, I bought yesterday a DJI Mavic Air. It is in a top condition and the seller has flown it for about 20 hours total.
Except for one thing: the rotors (when rotated by hand).
Rotor nr.1(back right) is turning very smooth.
Rotor nr.2(back left) is turning with a little resistance "jerkily" (as I understand it is because of the magnets inside)
Rotor nr.3,4 are turning the same as rotor 2, but they make a small "clinking" metallic sound as well when rotating.

Should I be worried? and should I try to test flight the drone?

I would try a test flight in a massive field at about 5 foot. Might be an idea to change the rotors just in case.

I landed my Mavic near a beach once and it picked up sand in the motors. I had to carefully remove the motor and blow out the sand. The operation went smoothly but it had a similar kind of sound that you describe. and only one one motor

Reactions: Mike Shock
I landed my Mavic near a beach once and it picked up sand in the motors. I had to carefully remove the motor and blow out the sand. The operation went smoothly but it had a similar kind of sound that you describe. and only one one motor
Thank you for your answer. Did the sound disappear after you cleaned the motor?

Sorry for the delay - The operation on the motor worked perfectly. It was also a good time to really inspect the propellors and moving parts

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3