DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One Rugged Great Drone

Bikemonster

Reactions
Traveled to Phuket with my Mavic Air. Did a hike to the Big Buddha and began filming with the drone at the end of the hike. There was a really friendly Bullmastiff (huge dog, more like a lion) roaming around near by and not much interested in what I was doing. UNTILL, I wanted to land. He went nuts jumping up and down barking at it. I ascended till he lost interest, made a quick landing attempt while he was distracted, but he was quicker than me. He swatted it out of the air, it flipped on it’s back and crashed. Everything worked fine after, not even a scratch. There is no way a Mavic Pro would have survived this unscathed. A dangling gimbal would have at least been a result.
Own the Spark (probably would have survived), Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 1. Absolutely love this Mavic Air. Best of all of them.
Have seen bird attack posts, can’t recall any dog attack posts.

Last edited:
Traveled to Phuket with my Mavic Air. Did a hike to the Big Buddha and began filming with the drone at the end of the hike. There was a really friendly Bullmastiff (huge dog, more like a lion) roaming around near by and not much interested in what I was doing. UNTILL, I wanted to land. He went nuts jumping up and down barking at it. I ascended till he lost interest, made a quick landing attempt while he was distracted, but he was quicker than me. He swatted it out of the air, it flipped on it’s back and crashed. Everything worked fine after, not even a scratch. There is no way a Mavic Pro would have survived this unscathed. A dangling gimbal would have at least been a result.
Own the Spark (probably would have survived), Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 1. Absolutely love this Mavic Air. Best of all of them.
Have seen bird attack posts, can’t recall any dog attack posts.

When you finish editing the video, post it up. I lived in Phuket for 2 years in Patong.

Yup, the rubber mounts leave A LOT to be desired. I'm glad they made such a big improvement on the Air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000