DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One Should Always Read the Fine Print!

Chaosrock

Reactions
I have a Mavic Mini, and in my excitement I decided to buy DJI Goggles to go with it. I looked on the product page and saw "Mavic Series", however I didn't read the fine print that says "except for the Mavic Mini".

Oh well. I guess I have an expensive paperweight for the time being. Maybe I will have to upgrade drones sooner than I had planned! When I do drone pilot meetups in Sonoma County, anyone who joins and has a compatible drone is welcome to use the goggles if they don't already have their own!

Oof. ?

That is unfortunate! The Mavic Mini is a great little aircraft, but definitely lacks in capability compared to others in the Mavic line. Like you said, good excuse to upgrade!

Reactions: Capt KO and E90RAW
Turns out the goggles can be used as a generic VR headset on PC, so I guess that's how I'll use them for now!
Yes they can. And here is a link to a good YouTube video to watch with your new goggles....

Reactions: E90RAW
Turns out the goggles can be used as a generic VR headset on PC, so I guess that's how I'll use them for now!
Too bad I don't still live in Napa, we could get together but Elk Grove is just to far from you. Have fun.

Reactions: E90RAW
When I do drone pilot meetups in Sonoma County, anyone who joins and has a compatible drone is welcome to use the goggles if they don't already have their own!

Come down and join the Treasure Island MeetUp on March 21st: BACK TO THE ISLAND-THE TREASURE ISLAND MEETUP FOR MARCH 2020
Get on the wait list, but come down anyway as others will, too.

There will be all models of Mavics represented. Bring your goggles, and I’ll let you try them on my old Mavic Pro. I’ll be flying my M2P with the Moverio glasses, so we can compare flying experiences. Many will be flying our Minis proudly...unless it’s really windy.

A few of us are also planning a weekend trip up to Cazadero to meet up with another well-known forum member.

A few of us are also planning a weekend trip up to Cazadero to meet up with another well-known forum member.

Oh yeah keep me posted! I think I follow the fellow from Cazadero on here, but I don't remember his name. I'd love to join in on that meetup if possible

Reactions: pelagic_one
@Steve LaBranche from Cazadero will probably chime in soon. We may be bringing his local cafe some lunch business.

Others whom I met thru MeetUps and this forum who‘ve expressed interest in joining trips to other NorCal locations include @174Nuno & @Bayareafly

Glad to see you found the Local & Regional section for NorCal/SF Bay Area. I’d imagine you’ll get some responses from the area.

Dang it, I saw Treasure Island and thought it might be T.I. Florida near me. Oh well
Enjoy, without me. ?

Reactions: pelagic_one
@Steve LaBranche from Cazadero will probably chime in soon. We may be bringing his local cafe some lunch business.

Others whom I met thru MeetUps and this forum who‘ve expressed interest in joining trips to other NorCal locations include @174Nuno & @Bayareafly

Glad to see you found the Local & Regional section for NorCal/SF Bay Area. I’d imagine you’ll get some responses from the area.
Hi guys. As I was telling Rudy (pelagic_one) coming up here for a day is too short. There are many vacation rentals in the area but depending on your budget there are campgrounds in the area. In Duncans Mills there is Casini Ranch on the Russian River. casiniranch.com There other camping nearby including coastal. This is a great area to fly and capture stunning photo's and videos with virtually no restrictions, til you get to the coast. I use Airmap. I fly from The Blue Heron in Duncans Mills often. Great food and drink, also the pour Pliney the Elder beer. Flying along the coast there is a there is a no fly zone from Ft Ross to Duncans Landing but only over water. South of Duncans Landing is beautiful, there is a crashed M2Z on top of big rock at Gleason Beach.

Would enjoy meeting and showing you some great flying locations.

Have fun, fly safe.

Hi guys. As I was telling Rudy (pelagic_one) coming up here for a day is too short. There are many vacation rentals in the area but depending on your budget there are campgrounds in the area. In Duncans Mills there is Casini Ranch on the Russian River. casiniranch.com There other camping nearby including coastal. This is a great area to fly and capture stunning photo's and videos with virtually no restrictions, til you get to the coast. I use Airmap. I fly from The Blue Heron in Duncans Mills often. Great food and drink, also the pour Pliney the Elder beer. Flying along the coast there is a there is a no fly zone from Ft Ross to Duncans Landing but only over water. South of Duncans Landing is beautiful, there is a crashed M2Z on top of big rock at Gleason Beach.

Would enjoy meeting and showing you some great flying locations.

Have fun, fly safe.

I’m so in, come up on a Friday and leave on a Monday would be great, summer is around the corner also, sign me up :)

The current world situation put any Duncan Mills meetup plans on hold, but please stay safe out there and we’ll head up there once things settle down again.

Since this thread started, OP had a tragic Mini crash, so we’ll hope Joe upgraded to a Mavic that’ll work with his DJI Goggles by the time we all fly together. @174Nuno and I are the renegades who fly locally, for really quick flights.

When we’re allowed to be near-normal again, we will need to get to Steve’s wilderness, because there will be so many people outside here in the Bay Area that there’ll be no place to fly. Stay safe guys!

Reactions: Steve LaBranche
The current world situation put any Duncan Mills meetup plans on hold, but please stay safe out there and we’ll head up there once things settle down again.

Since this thread started, OP had a tragic Mini crash, so we’ll hope Joe upgraded to a Mavic that’ll work with his DJI Goggles by the time we all fly together. @174Nuno and I are the renegades who fly locally, for really quick flights.

When we’re allowed to be near-normal again, we will need to get to Steve’s wilderness, because there will be so many people outside here in the Bay Area that there’ll be no place to fly. Stay safe guys!
Well hopefully come June/July we'll be past this pandemic. Unfortunately, April/May are best months for photograhy with the rolling hills still green. But anytime of year this is a beautiful area.

Let's stay in touch while Sheltering In Place. Which spells SIP, so I am. I'm sheltering in place sipping Kessler in the redwoods. Now, if it will just quit raining so I can fly my M2P.

The 1st pic is just south of Duncans Mills, near Willow Creek camp grounds.

Have fun fly safe. Steve LaBranche

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190703-222912_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190703-222912_Photos.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My thoughts are that until a vaccine can be developed, tested, and distributed which is 6-24 month long event removal of current restrictions will result in resurgence of new cases.
Posted wearing my other hat as a physician.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242