DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One word

I am having some fun with jerky footage. Now the iMac is only i5 8gb ram with an ssd. First vid is did 4K 60fs and played butter smooth on the Mac. No jerky footage for the 4 mins . Skip to other night jerky, took to field before . 4K again, couple of decent 4-5 min vids. Plugged air 2 in and jerky, stuck card in back, jerky. Upload to iMac .....yep you guessed it jerky! . So knowing it’s not 4K but still weird how it played fine first time (64gb xtreme u3 ) . Reduced res to 1080 /30fs and fine in front room hovering/ scanning around even though poor light. So going to have a run (sorry fly) tomorrow in 1080.
Bit pi55ed to be honest, it’s fine 4K 60fs , but pointless if your pc or TV won’t play.
I air tv it to my 4K Samsung and it’s even worse , really grainy and jerky/stutters.!
So i have to use 1080, it undoes one of the main points of getting it for 4K and to play on tv.
Weird bit, playing back in iPhone and not jerking /skipping at all. It’s a 6s plus so not even a recent phone. Kind of confused , sd card is right spec and dji recommended . Either way ordered an even better sd card, a pro as needed another anyway. I don’t think it’s the answer .
It might be fine uploaded to tube and played back as tube auto sets. Don’t know why the iMac does not do same . Tried the quick player and the VLC. Both stutter /jerk on 4K. But again my first 4K vid played smooth hence head scratching . More research I think, Google’d the hell out of it haha.

I am having some fun with jerky footage. Now the iMac is only i5 8gb ram with an ssd. First vid is did 4K 60fs and played butter smooth on the Mac. No jerky footage for the 4 mins . Skip to other night jerky, took to field before . 4K again, couple of decent 4-5 min vids. Plugged air 2 in and jerky, stuck card in back, jerky. Upload to iMac .....yep you guessed it jerky! . So knowing it’s not 4K but still weird how it played fine first time (64gb xtreme u3 ) . Reduced res to 1080 /30fs and fine in front room hovering/ scanning around even though poor light. So going to have a run (sorry fly) tomorrow in 1080.
Bit pi55ed to be honest, it’s fine 4K 60fs , but pointless if your pc or TV won’t play.
I air tv it to my 4K Samsung and it’s even worse , really grainy and jerky/stutters.!
So i have to use 1080, it undoes one of the main points of getting it for 4K and to play on tv.
Weird bit, playing back in iPhone and not jerking /skipping at all. It’s a 6s plus so not even a recent phone. Kind of confused , sd card is right spec and dji recommended . Either way ordered an even better sd card, a pro as needed another anyway. I don’t think it’s the answer .
It might be fine uploaded to tube and played back as tube auto sets. Don’t know why the iMac does not do same . Tried the quick player and the VLC. Both stutter /jerk on 4K. But again my first 4K vid played smooth hence head scratching . More research I think, Google’d the hell out of it haha.
A polite bit of advice: if you want help on a specific issue, it is better to create a new thread with a title that summarises your question, than add you question to someone else’s thread that has nothing to do with your problem.

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
Am sure you can sort it.
Have to try and get my head around the photography side of it now I'm a master pilot ??

• Haha
Reactions: ven
Yes will get to the bottom of it. Got to get use to the control yet , still not 100% on mode 2, or mode 3.
Great fun though Mel :)

A polite bit of advice: if you want help on a specific issue, it is better to create a new thread with a title that summarises your question, than add you question to someone else’s thread that has nothing to do with your problem.
Yes thank you, I know how forums works. I was telling mel the fun I was having , that’s all. If I don’t get to the bottom of it, I will open a thread specific to the issue . Cheers

Yes thank you, I know how forums works. I was telling mel the fun I was having , that’s all. If I don’t get to the bottom of it, I will open a thread specific to the issue . Cheers
Sorry, never quite sure how new people are to the forum (the official DJI forum is a right mess!)

Reactions: ven
You should give it a look, it can be a right laugh reading some of the stuff on there.... and some of the arguments! o_O:D
Haha , trouble I have is spreading the time. I did some research for a good forum and being honest, here is better than expected. Everyone is friendly and welcoming . So much knowledge to tap into in time. I do think age plays a part
to. Here there seems to be more a more mature age which brings many benefits along with experience. Yes happy with here, seem
A place full of great members . I can imagine the dji forum full of kids asking can their drone fly to the moon!
I can waffle on a little as you can tell, but I try and keep things in track :p . I know Mel from a previous life!Green Lanes a good few years ago. It’s a small world , made even smaller now.
Cheers Thumbswayup

Are you using H.265? I just did about a 3 minute video last night before it rained and was in H.265 and it was kind of jerky. It's nice out today so going to go back to H.264 and see how that works.

Are you using H.265? I just did about a 3 minute video last night before it rained and was in H.265 and it was kind of jerky. It's nice out today so going to go back to H.264 and see how that works.
Please do, I've seen some buttery smooth movement in vids and very jerky (like it's dropping frames)...the jerky movement would be unusable I think.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N