DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Online Part 107 economical training

MassCoyote

Reactions
I’m looking for online Part 107 training that is up to date. I don’t want to go the free route because I prefer getting all training, practice tests, etc in one place. However, being disabled, cost is a concern as I hope to not pay over $100 for the training.

What would you recommend? TYIA

I’m looking for online Part 107 training that is up to date. I don’t want to go the free route because I prefer getting all training, practice tests, etc in one place. However, being disabled, cost is a concern as I hope to not pay over $100 for the training.

What would you recommend? TYIA
The “Altitude University” stuff on YouTube is pretty good. I also think this video is pretty solid and she covers all the basics.

I would buy a review book from Amazon though. I did the book some practice tests and watched all the free videos on YouTube and passed.

Pilot Institute has a good 107 flash card app that’s free too.

First question is "are you a manned aircraft pilot"? If you are then the training will be relatively easy. Pilot Institute is my best recommendation. There are some that swear by Youtube and Freebie. I am sure that there are good Freebie and will not argue that. That said I HIGHLY recommend Pilot Institute click this link Part 107 Course Great news is that I checked their website just now and their $249 course is currently discounted to $149 and comes with a separate maneuvers course. If you fail with a freebie then you are out more than the pilot institute course. Just saying...

My recommendation comes from a 37 year pilot and Certificated Flight Instructor for 34 of that. Greg at Pilot Institute is a professional is also a manned aircraft flight instructor. He is very interested and invested in the drone business. Did I mention 99.8% pass rate. He has a money back plus I think extra money back guarantee - read his site for details. Keep in mind that your self study could cost you alot of money if you fail and have to take the test again (slightly more than the course cost and that expense is on you!) To me it is a no brainer. Let us know how you make out.

Sorry for the non-compensated sales pitch but I am Real Estate Broker!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: pilotinstitute
I am a graduate of Pilot Institute. I looked at all the training courses available and decided to go with Greg. His company has trained over 30,000 Part 107 pilots. His curriculum is thorough and second to none.

Totally agree with 15PSI. Greg is a true professional with a solid background. Read my prior post for more details. Why risk losing more money if you do not pass on your own than the guaranteed course...hmm again easy decision. Let us know how make out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with 15PSI. Greg is a true professional with a solid background. Read my prior post for more details. Why risk losing more money if you do not pass on your own than the guaranteed course...hmm again easy decision. Let us know how make out.
Greg and PI are top notch!!!

• Love
Reactions: pilotinstitute
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ