DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OpenSky now available in U.S.

spsphotos

Reactions
OpenSky is now available in the U.S. I downloaded it and played with it. Very nice and simple interface, does checklist for LAANC and NOTAMS...and has link to NOTAMS search which is handy. Found one bug, when adding a new drone to your list, even though the serial and reg number fields are not marked as required, they are or you can't add it. You can get around it if you are in a hurry by just using random values that you can fix later.

Reactions: flymech
OpenSky is now available in the U.S. I downloaded it and played with it. Very nice and simple interface, does checklist for LAANC and NOTAMS...and has link to NOTAMS search which is handy. Found one bug, when adding a new drone to your list, even though the serial and reg number fields are not marked as required, they are or you can't add it. You can get around it if you are in a hurry by just using random values that you can fix later.

I used it today, simple to use, nice interface. I've tried far worse.

But it is blatantly wrong in its guidance. For example, under both recreational and Part 107 it says that flights are only allowed during daylight hours. Not very promising if it cannot even get the basic rules correct.
As it was explained to me, it originated for drone delivery in Australia, then was ported to the US. Different rules, but give it time as it is another tool to chooses from. Cheers!

Reactions: RecDroneFlyer
I could not find a way to change from the default of Recreational to Commerical flight...

thanks for sharing!

I could not find a way to change from the default of Recreational to Commerical flight...
Tap on where it says "Recreational". It looks like it's going to be a drop-down menu, but it brings up the option at the bottom of the screen instead.

IMG_1C7FF27A3AE1-1.jpeg

Greyed out on my iPhone version installed yesterday (6/30/2021)

What's the minimum version of Android required? Play Store says my phone can't run it (Android 7), but my tablet (Android 11) can.

I downloaded it, experimented with it by requesting approvals. It won’t give me approval to fly in a 0 grid class D airspace. Aloft (Kittyhawk) will approve me to fly in same 0 grid airspace.

Attachments

• BB556A03-7785-48C2-BAED-74D595189708.jpg
    BB556A03-7785-48C2-BAED-74D595189708.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme