DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinion on flying with Lume cubes mounted to M2P

Mav1c

Reactions
I tested out my new Lume cubes and mounts for my M2P tonight. It feels considerably heavier when mounted. Once in the air I instantly noticed how much louder the drone is while working with the extra load. Once in the air I got this message.

IMG_2821 2.png

I flew around a bit and it flew ok. Put it in sport mode to test that out and noticed it said "motor reached max speed" or something of the sort on the top left. Has anyone else had similar experiences when flying with a payload such as this? I don't plan on flying much with these but wondering if it will cause any permanent damage to the motors. If it helps I have included the flight logs to my 2 short flights. @sar104 Do you ever use Lume Cubes or other light payloads on your missions? The attachments on the M2E must be considerably lighter than the lume cubes..

Reactions: CJH92474
Flight log review will be interesting. I personally haven’t seen this exact situation.
FWIW, I have 4 of the Firehouse ARC2s in Aerial Pixel mounts (arms and or front landing gear) on each of my birds for months and no warnings have occurred.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mav1c
I have one ARC2 mounted to the front top of the Mavic as well

Also concerned about weight. Even with one, motors run hot and at higher percentage. Is it safe for the drone to add this extra weight?

Reactions: Mav1c
Atmospheric and environmental conditions affect lift production, I would venture a guess that contributed to the warning (in addition to the payload/weight addition).

Also concerned about weight. Even with one, motors run hot and at higher percentage. Is it safe for the drone to add this extra weight?
I think it’s safe just as long as you zip tie the rear of the mounts or have the updated design. I’m still not a fan of how noticeably the bird has to work with the cubes strapped to it. If I use them on it I’ll do it sparingly.

Hi folks
Please show or advise on how your Arc ii strobes are mounted. Thanks??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus