DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Optimal mini iPad features for MA

Sassy

Reactions
I'm researching using the mini iPad for the MA controller monitor. I'm looking at the iPad mini 7.9" screen, 256 memory, both wifi and cellular. I'm currently using my iPhone 7 and it's fine, but I want the larger screen for viewing my flights. Please provide your opinions, especially if you are also using an apple product for your MA.

I bought a mini 4 when I got my Mavic Air and it's great. It's brighter than my phone and having the bigger screen really helps me compose my shots. It even fits perfectly in the back pocket of the factory shoulder bag it you use that. I picked up a tablet holder too which is definitely worth it.
I have a bigger tablet but it's a bit much attached to the controller when I'm flying and I think the mini is plenty big

I bought a mini 4 when I got my Mavic Air and it's great. It's brighter than my phone and having the bigger screen really helps me compose my shots. It even fits perfectly in the back pocket of the factory shoulder bag it you use that. I picked up a tablet holder too which is definitely worth it.
I have a bigger tablet but it's a bit much attached to the controller when I'm flying and I think the mini is plenty big
Thanks for the response. What features? I'll probably get the 256 gb memory, wifi and cellular???? Is that your recommendation? I agree with the size. Do you recommend a tablet holder?

The iPad mini 4 works for me. Seems to be just the right size. It is sometimes tough in the sun, but really no problem. The adapter fits nicely in where your phone fits.DyeXU9KzQimyc41ad8voKA.jpgUIowjq6cR26oyvl5l9KRfw.jpg

Received the iPad Mini (5th gen), 256GB, WiFi only as Dad’s Day present. I love the size of the screen, brightness, resolution, and overall portability. I requested WiFi only as it is so easy to tether via WiFi to my Samsung Note 8, therefore, no need for me to have cellular payment on the pad. I also received the Apple Pencil with it.
I use this exclusively with the Mavic Air flights. I maintain and use my iPad Air 2 in the house, so I have minimal junk apps on the Mini.

Is there a difference in the brightness of the screen between the mini 4 and 5?
Is there an advantage of wifi only if you have a iphone with you?

Received the iPad Mini (5th gen), 256GB, WiFi only as Dad’s Day present. I love the size of the screen, brightness, resolution, and overall portability. I requested WiFi only as it is so easy to tether via WiFi to my Samsung Note 8, therefore, no need for me to have cellular payment on the pad. I also received the Apple Pencil with it.
I use this exclusively with the Mavic Air flights. I maintain and use my iPad Air 2 in the house, so I have minimal junk apps on the Mini.
Thank you Jeffery. Appreciate your response and the pictures. Sounds like wifi only is all you need to fly with DJI GO 4.

Oops I gave the coodoos Jeffery for the pictures. With that said, Thank you "Let's Fly"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929