DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orbit at three metres?

GSARider

Reactions
Hi guys

I need to do an orbit around an object at three metres, what's the best way to do this? I tried the orbit function and it says minimum 5 metres height?

Have you tried litchi? I'm not able to try right now but if may be able to fly in focus mode with a smaller radius.

Another thing that occurs to me though I haven't tried it is that if you set the object as a POI so that the mavic automatically yaws to keep it centred in the frame that's one less thing you have to do if you then manually fly a circle around the object.

Reactions: GSARider
Thanks, I only discovered Litchi ten minutes ago...!

I'm going to try poi mode again, but it was giving a minimum 5 metre height warning.

Cool. Another thing that might work is active track the object in spotlight mode where the aircraft hovers by default and keeps the camera on the target, but it can be maneuvered with the sticks (apart from yaw which is under auto control at that point in order to keep the camera on the object) - if you then push say right on the right hand stick, I would think it should circle the object since "right" would continually be changing as the drone yaws around to keep pointing at the target. Please do be careful though - I'm not exactly sure how well it will work!

Reactions: GSARider
Cool. Another thing that might work is active track the object in spotlight mode where the aircraft hovers by default and keeps the camera on the target, but it can be maneuvered with the sticks (apart from yaw which is under auto control at that point in order to keep the camera on the object) - if you then push say right on the right hand stick, I would think it should circle the object since "right" would continually be changing as the drone yaws around to keep pointing at the target. Please do be careful though - I'm not exactly sure how well it will work!

Spotlight basically puts it in courselock while locking the camera on subject. Once engaged, from the direction it is facing at the start, left is always left, right always right, forward remains forward, you get the idea. The current yaw status doesn't affect the direction it will fly.

Or set up a Litchi waypoint mission with object as a poi. You can even set negative heights relative to the home position. (There is a settings option for this I believe - or is that in Autopilot?)

Metres sound the same as meters and even measure the same [emoji6] I'm not British or American though, so probably should keep my mouth shut. I do find funny how Americans say turbine - it sounds much like turban. Wind turbans lol.

Reactions: Pepino Grande
Metres sound the same as meters and even measure the same [emoji6] I'm not British or American though, so probably should keep my mouth shut. I do find funny how Americans say turbine - it sounds much like turban. Wind turbans lol.
That = True. lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121