DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orbit function

Gastone360

Reactions
Hi,

I haven't tried yet but the question is: Mavic starts to rotate after you make a first circle? And than it reproduces your movement? Just because I don't know if I have to set altitude, speed ecc....before circle around and I'm worried aboutt some lateral crashes...

thank you

When I've used it, I didn't have to complete a circular flight first. I just locked on the the target subject and it starts circling at the radius, speed,and height you've set. Your target can even move and the Mavic will circle. Speed can be increased or decreased at will.

No that isn't the way orbit works in Point of Interest. You fly over the point you want to orbit and pull up the POI option in your Intelligent Flight Modes. Click to apply and then fly out on a radius from your center point until you are where you want to be on the circumference of the orbit then just hit start. Once it starts the orbit then you can just adjust the speed on the slider. Exit out when you are finished.

Reactions: Geoffsh
You can also yaw around go up and fade back with it. I use it alot and like it but do hit your video record button as I messed up my first couple of try's . I also will go up when we have lots of clouds and do a tight
POI I think it's 17' back and point the camera straight out and it makes a great 360 . Have been trying with the 30% up camera option but if you go to high with that it seems to pick up a prop . Is a cool mode .

You can also yaw around go up and fade back with it. I use it alot and like it but do hit your video record button as I messed up my first couple of try's . I also will go up when we have lots of clouds and do a tight
POI I think it's 17' back and point the camera straight out and it makes a great 360 . Have been trying with the 30% up camera option but if you go to high with that it seems to pick up a prop . Is a cool mode .
Yeah I have done the reverse camera angle on an orbit as well and the other neat one is point the camera in the direction of travel while doing that tight POI and you get a spiral up or down which is really cool.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yea . This isn't good but this was all POI then reversed last part.
Was trying that 30% up and that's when I saw if you don't turn just right you see a prop . Was just messing.
I see ya a Tar-Heel . Me born in Durham and spent my teenage years in Chapel-Hill .
That was in the 70's .Oh what a time :)

Reactions: Hauptmann
I try to stay as far away from Durham and Chapel Hill as I can now days. Believe it or not though I know where Amory is. I spent a month in Tupelo during Katrina and one of my outreach teams covered most of Monroe county.

Reactions: dirkclod
I try to stay as far away from Durham and Chapel Hill as I can now days. Believe it or not though I know where Amory is. I spent a month in Tupelo during Katrina and one of my outreach teams covered most of Monroe county.
Sorry OP for me getting this OT but yea it has really changed there since the 70's and as far as here you should have seen Smithville when we had the F5 hit. Have a house there and for coming down to help out.
Thank-ya..Thank-ya very Much :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000