Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Order shipping delays?

globeguy1

Reactions
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has experienced this and how quickly it was resolved:

drone_order_tracking.png
I spoke with DJI and while friendly, offered not much guidance as to when I'd see the order appear. FedEx has the shipment in MEM at this time.

Thanks!

Ya ******* idiots. My smart remote controller is stuck in customs too. Lovely. So pissed.

No government staff around to clear the customs part?
That would be my guess. I was expecting this to be a little bit of a snag.

Reactions: globeguy1
Ya ******* idiots. My smart remote controller is stuck in customs too. Lovely. So pissed.

I'm not tickled to death with the delay, but between the snow flurries here and temperatures/wind chills that make life outside less than fun, I can tolerate the delay. I was wondering if it's fairly widespread or an isolated occurrence - it's not like mine was the first ever order from DJI.

Thanks for the reply, while not fun, good to know I'm not alone!

No government staff around to clear the customs part?
That would be my guess. I was expecting this to be a little bit of a snag.

Hadn't thought of that as those fine folks aren't getting paid but have to work (deemed essential). By now, the moral of the CBP has got to be pretty low... If that's the case, I'll happily wait for my accessories until those folks get paid. This shutdown on the backs of government employees is nonsense, but that's for a whole 'nuther thread!

In the Mavic 2 threads there are also posts about this. This is happening to every single person that ordered. It is not a lack of workers at customs. DJI failed to provide any of the customs documentation on all of these orders. Until fedex contacts DJI, DJI files the proper forms and customs release these orders all of our stuff is stuck in customs. This is a major f-up on DJI's end which could lead to your order being stuck in customs indefinitely until DJI files the paperwork on thousands of orders and gets them to fedex. Then fedex has to deal with it on a package by package basis. This could take a month or longer. Lets hoping things can get processed much sooner. Personally I want a partial credit back as this is bs.

In the Mavic 2 threads there are also posts about this. This is happening to every single person that ordered. It is not a lack of workers at customs. DJI failed to provide any of the customs documentation on all of these orders. Until fedex contacts DJI, DJI files the proper forms and customs release these orders all of our stuff is stuck in customs. This is a major f-up on DJI's end which could lead to your order being stuck in customs indefinitely until DJI files the paperwork on thousands of orders and gets them to fedex. Then fedex has to deal with it on a package by package basis. This could take a month or longer. Lets hoping things can get processed much sooner. Personally I want a partial credit back as this is bs.

That's an entirely different story! I didn't know about what was going on in another thread. If so, the practice is absolutely unacceptable. DJI has our funds, and we have squat to show for it with no realistic expectation as to when that might change. A partial credit would seem to be a perfect solution, however since they seem to be the biggest dog in the fight, perhaps they aren't too motivated to do so.

Nothing new. DJI has always had hiccups like this in some form.
Still have my mini.
Link not working.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143