DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordered from store.dji, been waiting a week and a half, tracking shows still in China, is this normal?

Reactions
Hello, this is my first post here. I bought a mavic air2 for my son to replace his aging phantom3 standard, and thought it would be a good idea to buy directly from DJI should any warranty issues pop-up. However, after first receiving an receive date just a few days later, it appears as if the drone has gone from China, to New York, and back to China, with a estimated receive date that has changed 3 times and is now Pending yet again.
Did I make a mistake buying directly from DJI? SHould I have bought from Best Buy, or Amazon?
I emailed DJI a week ago, no response. I used the chat function yesterday, they said they would push it to their logistics team, who have not contacted me.
Any advice?

Thanks for any insight

~Ben

welcome to the forum ,hindsight is a wonderful thing ,you did nothing wrong ordering direct from DJI ,its all the unrest going on at the moment with the covid issue, if you go on the DJI site does it say that you can cancel your order still, or is it despatched ,if it says cancel,then if you can purchase one locally from BB, then that might be your best option at this time if you do cancel you will probably have to wait for your payment to be returned and that can take a while

I was trying to order something and it says on the DJI site that products can take up to two weeks to ship. So it's normal for the product to be in China even after a week and half.

I was trying to order something and it says on the DJI site that products can take up to two weeks to ship. So it's normal for the product to be in China even after a week and half.
as i said in my other post these are not normal times we are living in at the moment so any company is struggling to quote reliable shipping times

Hi PreservedSwine welcome to Mavic Pilots
Looks like you are just unlucky, I have ordered direct from DJI twice & they arrived within days.
Initially I was worried if I would have to pay import duties but the shipping address was in the UK so all was OK.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks, I’ll post if it ever gets here. It’s really odd that fed-ex has tracked it from China, to New York, back to China, and waiting for clearances at every step. It’s again in China,, for the second time apparently. Trying to be patient, but feeling frustrated as this was a birthday gift that will be over 2 weeks late.
Thanks again,
~Ben

Last edited:
Just venting, but tracking shows it going from China, to New York, back to China, to Alaska, back to China, to Japan, and now to Tennesee. I'm hopeful it makes it to Florida someday, I'd really like to know if this is unusual. It was ordered on the 23rd, shipping on the 28th, today is the 5th.
Posting this if anyone else is having trouble. It seems bizarre to me and I would NEVER recommended ordering directly from DJI. Not a single response from emails, and the chat agent said he needed to elevate my request to another department... who also never contacted me. I paid immediately with a visa at the time of ordering.
As it stands so far:

China to
New York to
China to
Alaska to
China to
Japan to
Tennessee.

Cut-Paste of Fed-Ex tracking log thus far:
  • Sunday , 7/05/2020
    11:00 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • 10:24 am
    SENNAN-SHI JP
    In transit
  • 5:24 am
    GUANGZHOU CN
    In transit
  • 4:41 am
    GUANGZHOU CN
    Departed FedEx location
  • 2:02 am
    ANCHORAGE, AK
    Departed FedEx location
  • 12:17 am
    ANCHORAGE, AK
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • Saturday , 7/04/2020
    1:02 pm
    ANCHORAGE, AK
    International shipment release - Import
  • 5:30 am
    GUANGZHOU CN
    In transit
  • Friday , 7/03/2020
    5:16 am
    GUANGZHOU CN
    In transit
  • Thursday , 7/02/2020
    11:14 pm
    GUANGZHOU CN
    In transit
  • 11:03 pm
    GUANGZHOU CN
    International shipment release - Import
  • 12:25 am
    GUANGZHOU CN
    Clearance in progress
  • 12:25 am
    GUANGZHOU CN
    Clearance in progress
  • Wednesday , 7/01/2020
    9:22 pm
    GUANGZHOU CN
    Clearance in progress
  • 9:21 pm
    GUANGZHOU CN
    Clearance in progress
  • Tuesday , 6/30/2020
    9:02 am
    TONAWANDA, NY
    Clearance delay - Import
  • Sunday , 6/28/2020
    8:20 pm
    DONGGUAN CN
    Picked up
  • Wednesday , 6/24/2020
    10:57 am

Last edited:
Posting this for anyone that is waiting as I was.
After two weeks, it has arrived.
Everything seems to be there, and despite all the travel, the box and all components (including the drone) seem fine. I'm a little concerned about the battery life, but hopefully that will get sorted out in the near future.

@PreservedSwine ,thanks for the update ,glad it came at last ,don't forget to charge the batteries one at a time if you have the combo ,then use the hub for their second charges enjoy

Reactions: PreservedSwine
@PreservedSwine ,thanks for the update ,glad it came at last ,don't forget to charge the batteries one at a time if you have the combo ,then use the hub for their second charges enjoy
Thanks for the mentioning that- we nearly used the triple charger right away, but my son mentioned he had read, "use the single charger for the first charge" :)
Another weird thing were a few cables tucked in the bag, but I had sniffed that one out as well. Our first test flights have gone very well. We discovered the obstacle avoidance feature on this drone works, while testing out the accutrack, which also works. Impressive technology.

yes when people where first getting the combo,they were coming on the forum saying that the cables were missing but word of their location soon got around i hope you have a long and happy time with your MA2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121