DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordered my first Drone!

Puffufalo

Reactions
Hey there,

I've been lurking for a while and gawking at all the talent that's on this forum so i've been spending the last few months saving up for a Drone.

I've gone with the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo kit.

I was looking at the mini for a beginner Drone but after comparing some of the footage from a local pilot I wanted to shoot in 4k and have the option to take much better photos.

It arrives on Thursday and i'm so excited i'm like a Kid at Christmas!

I live in a small town in West Yorkshire near Gaddings Dam so i'll take a hike up there on the weekend for a proper session.

Any tips and tricks are most welcome as well as any hidden beauty spots in West Yorkshire.

Hello & Welcome from a rainy Wales, UK! (Although later today, tomorrow & Thursday we should be reaching around 28 degrees!).

I also have the Mavic Air 2, and it's a crazy bit of kit - you'll definitely enjoy it!
Just an FYI (as most in the UK seem to forget!), you will need to register for a flyer & operator ID (CAA).

Hello & Welcome from a rainy Wales, UK! (Although later today, tomorrow & Thursday we should be reaching around 28 degrees!).

I also have the Mavic Air 2, and it's a crazy bit of kit - you'll definitely enjoy it!
Just an FYI (as most in the UK seem to forget!), you will need to register for a flyer & operator ID (CAA).

Thanks for that, and thanks for the welcomes guys. :)

I was going to ask about the registration, how is the process in getting it all registered?

Thanks for that, and thanks for the welcomes guys. :)

I was going to ask about the registration, how is the process in getting it all registered?
It's super simple - multiple answer theory test (similar to a driving license theory test, but for drones!).

The cost is £9 - cheap as chips (well, £9 for chips is expensive, but you get the idea).

I do suggest you read the drone code before taking the test, just so you don't get the big F! Prepare for the theory test | UK Civil Aviation Authority

It's super simple - multiple answer theory test (similar to a driving license theory test, but for drones!).

The cost is £9 - cheap as chips (well, £9 for chips is expensive, but you get the idea).

I do suggest you read the drone code before taking the test, just so you don't get the big F! Prepare for the theory test | UK Civil Aviation Authority

Perfect, i'll get that boxed off before it arrives so it's all Kosher. :)

Perfect, i'll get that boxed off before it arrives so it's all Kosher. :)
Should only take you 30 minutes to read the drone code & complete the registration :)
This forum has a lot of active users that help people everyday, but feel free to PM me if you've got any questions or concerns around UK drone flying etc.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome!

My own 2 cents:
Read this: A short explanation of compass function, calibration and errors.

Fly without looking at your screen at first. Understand what drone orientation is, what the lights mean, and how to navigate without the display. (Saved me numerous times)

Set up your menu system before take off. Meaning set your RTH Altitude, your RTH action, the APAS stuff etc. All before you take off.

Pretend like Sport mode doesn't exist.

Enjoy your new addiction. ?

Hi and welcome from Cheshire! My MA2 is arriving in 20 mins DPD- can't wait! The test is easy, I got 18/20 because answered the safe option on two- it means you have paperwork for police etc. Would advise using DroneID on amazon for stickers and card on lanyard £9.99 plus I have public liability (damage to person/property) with Coverdrone for £16.00 py and paperwork to show. AND IT'S ARRIVED!
Barrie

Hi and welcome from Cheshire! My MA2 is arriving in 20 mins DPD- can't wait! The test is easy, I got 18/20 because answered the safe option on two- it means you have paperwork for police etc. Would advise using DroneID on amazon for stickers and card on lanyard £9.99 plus I have public liability (damage to person/property) with Coverdrone for £16.00 py and paperwork to show. AND IT'S ARRIVED!
Barrie
Insurance and Registration Stickers ...

Both VERY good points ??

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas (across the pond in one of your former colonies)!

You picked a winner in the MA2. Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over the UK. As you can see, whenever you need help, there many, many fellow Brits and are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo