DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oregon FAA Registration

hayc59

Reactions
MAVIC AIR2 because of the weight of the drone I guess you have reg it with FAA for five dollars
do I really need to write a number on my drone when I fly it? thanks

Reactions: Simone L
MAVIC AIR2 because of the weight of the drone I guess you have reg it with FAA for five dollars
do I really need to write a number on my drone when I fly it? thanks
By law, yes you do. Your FAA registration number MUST be displayed on the outside of your drone.

Reactions: Simone L
How do you all display yours? I wrote it on the underside of the Battery :)

How do you all display yours? I wrote it on the underside of the Battery :)
I put mine on a Dymo label. Along with the FAA registration number I also put my phone number in case I ever lose it.

Also, the battery is not the best place to put it since the battery is not a permanent part of the drone itself. Batteries can be easily swapped, but more importantly they can separate from the drone in case of a crash. It is best to put it on the actual body of the drone.

Also, the battery is not the best place to put it since the battery is not a permanent part of the drone itself. Batteries can be easily swapped, but more importantly they can separate from the drone in case of a crash.
True. But, oddly enough, the FAA has no rule against marking removable parts. In fact, I was told (by the FAA) that marking even just one prop would satisfy their rule.

With that said, marking anything but the body doesn't make much sense unless one is trying to skirt the rules.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7