DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original file damaged. Delete File? Error message drafts fly app

Badgerman26

Reactions
I can’t seem to re-edit saved videos in the pro section of the fly app. It makes me delete them as per attached. Anyone eked have this and anything we can do. Latest version of app and iOS on XR.
0FA078D3-53B2-4825-8298-C34BA081037A.png

This message generally occurs as a legitimate warning that the original file really is damaged and cannot be used without repair, if at all. The most common cause is turning the drone off too quickly before the video is completely finished, or inserting or removing the SD card with the drone power on.

repair will require copying the damaged files to your computer and attempting using a file utility to repair the damage. This doesn’t always work.

Thanks, but this is a created file from within the app. I I’ve added files in and edited the music and clips to create a montage. This is the file that gets corrupted after I exit it from editing. Not sure that has anything to do with the AC or SD as everything is downloaded. The stock templates seem to be fine when I go back in to edit.

If I understood you right, your source video file is fine and you can play it in media players. But when trying to open and edit the file with the fly app, it says the files are corrupted, so you can't neither edit nor save them?

If I understood you right, your source video file is fine and you can play it in media players. But when trying to open and edit the file with the fly app, it says the files are corrupted, so you can't neither edit nor save them?
Not quite. I can see and edit and make movies in the app. I can’t re-edit any saved projects as it comes up as error if do any pro projects versus stock project template saved projects.

I have the same problem. Any updates?

I’m almost positive the app is the issue because I have no problems creating videos in the iMovie app on my phone using the same files.

DJI Fly app pro edition feature is great, but in my case it only works right when using cache files recorded during flight into smarphone memory.

Everytime I tried to use non-cache video files I suffer app editing issues. I copied HD files from Mavic Mini sd card to phone folder, add them to DJI Fly proyect, start playing and suddenly app crash. It happens more frequently when I have added many clips. It makes me thinks is a memory-related issue. After all, a mobile phone cannot behave like a desktop computer.

By the way, I'm using Samsung A40 4Gb internal memory Android 9 PIE smartphone.

R.

Any updates on this? Having the same issue with templates getting corrupted, not the video files.

I left a negative review on the App Store with a detailed description of this problem. I mentioned this is a known issue as evidenced by this website/ thread. I recommend all others do the same. The hope is DJI monitors the reviews, responds to them, and ultimately fixes the issue!

Reactions: Ozolsjanis
got the some issue - just lost all my work :(
It may have been mentioned already, so my apologies if I repeat.
If this work is valuable to y'all, I will give the same advice I give on any digital content...
Prior to manipulation, make backups of everything. Copy the files from the card before doing any editing, have backups stored elsewhere or up them to the cloud. This way, unless the world ends, you will not lose your work or your heart's desire.
While it can be a PITA to do, I would rather suffer a PITA than a broken heart or lost wage.

I have the same problem with DJI fly 1.7.0, totally new version right now. It has been about a year and a half now since the last comment about this on this forum. I have lost all my work. It is really sad that DJI doesn't care about us. I mean... I bought their product and I expect it to work. I expect them ad least fix such known problems. Are they in a lack of software developers? It certainly seems so. Not so good of company as I expected. It is a shame.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada