DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Osmo Action Cam Review Videos!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
DJI killed the monster, The quick screen button , the voice activation and the rock steady is the sound of success.
We value the Organized Menu System. Ease of use seems a few steps up.
Without a doubt this will compliment the Mavic and Phantom Wet Suits and possibly enhance them.

I would like to see some voice activation built into the Drone as we always have are hands filled , and just a few commands would go a long way.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in and out of the Storm.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good camera. I'm very happy with the video quality. Rock Steady looks great, although, lets be honest...IF you have Rock Steady active on 4K you are really not getting 4K video...You are really getting something closer to the 2K liner view of the Gopro. Low light performance looks great... the sharpness looks great...I love the idea of the full screen on the front. I also love the screw on lens cover...I HATE the cover for the Gopro. The extra large battery seems to last quite a bit longer than the Hero battery as well!

I do think that there are some minor engineering issues that will not rear their heads until this camera goes out to the masses.

ON Peter McKinnon's video at 1:29, He says, "The battery clips in nicely". There are two clips for the battery and the orange button at 1:30 shows the battery is not clipped in all the way. What happens when consumers dunk their cameras without the battery clipped in all the way? Bye bye $350+ Camera and SD card.

I also think having the O-Ring on the battery is a design flaw. I think Gopro realizes this too...which is why they included a battery case. If the O-ring gets too much dust or grime on it... if it is exposed to too much heat, etc...it is not going to seal properly, and may have an effect on waterproofing.

Now...don't get me wrong... these issues themselves wouldn't stop me from buying this camera. As I said above,they are relatively minor. In fact...I don't even put my Gopro Under water without a Dive Case, but I do suspect that many consumers might be surprised and disappointed when these issues emerge, and they are told by Gopro it is their fault the camera flooded...because...well... it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffm912
Looks like a pretty good camera. I'm very happy with the video quality. Rock Steady looks great, although, lets be honest...IF you have Rock Steady active on 4K you are really not getting 4K video...You are really getting something closer to the 2K liner view of the Gopro. Low light performance looks great... the sharpness looks great...I love the idea of the full screen on the front. I also love the screw on lens cover...I HATE the cover for the Gopro. The extra large battery seems to last quite a bit longer than the Hero battery as well!

I do think that there are some minor engineering issues that will not rear their heads until this camera goes out to the masses.

ON Peter McKinnon's video at 1:29, He says, "The battery clips in nicely". There are two clips for the battery and the orange button at 1:30 shows the battery is not clipped in all the way. What happens when consumers dunk their cameras without the battery clipped in all the way? Bye bye $350+ Camera and SD card.

I also think having the O-Ring on the battery is a design flaw. I think Gopro realizes this too...which is why they included a battery case. If the O-ring gets too much dust or grime on it... if it is exposed to too much heat, etc...it is not going to seal properly, and may have an effect on waterproofing.

Now...don't get me wrong... these issues themselves wouldn't stop me from buying this camera. As I said above,they are relatively minor. In fact...I don't even put my Gopro Under water without a Dive Case, but I do suspect that many consumers might be surprised and disappointed when these issues emerge, and they are told by Gopro it is their fault the camera flooded...because...well... it is.

it was interesting they went with the double clip for the battery knowing the problems it has caused on the Phantoms , but they most likely need the Pressure of the two clips to press on the seal so this is why they choose to use the two clip system

As far as the SD card they can get submerged in water and work just fine and the camera is most likely contained separate from the battery compartment so comprimsing the battery may not interfere with the camera so over all lots of great improvements.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Reactions: Shon
Not a bad little camera at all. They seem to have done quite a few things right but it would end up getting the same use as my gopro's, sitting in a drawer collecting dust. I spent my money on a new Chris Reeve Sebenza 21. Sorry DJI!

Jeff
Haha, as I sit here in my office I’m looking at a shelf with half dozen gopros that haven’t seen the sun in who k os how long. They are all from early drones and kits before DJI started building decent video tx and rx into their systems
I shudder at the memories of trying to get decent video and range

Reactions: GDadd and Jeffm912
if we could have mounted this on the osmo mobiles, it would have been a winner

Not a bad little camera at all. They seem to have done quite a few things right but it would end up getting the same use as my gopro's, sitting in a drawer collecting dust. I spent my money on a new Chris Reeve Sebenza 21. Sorry DJI!

Jeff

For hunting? Looks like a nice knife.

Reactions: Jeffm912
No housing or dive filter yet but I see PolarPro already has a nice line incl. a circular PL for it. Also, has a color front screen and large color back screen. Good-bye GoPro... sell your stock now (gulp, and I am a GoPro dealer)!! Front screen is a bit of a game changer. I just used a bunch of my DJI points to get one of these pretty cheap. I think they are on to something. What took them so long to decide to give GoPro a run for its money?

DJI killed the monster, The quick screen button , the voice activation and the rock steady is the sound of success.
We value the Organized Menu System. Ease of use seems a few steps up.
Without a doubt this will compliment the Mavic and Phantom Wet Suits and possibly enhance them.

I would like to see some voice activation built into the Drone as we always have are hands filled , and just a few commands would go a long way.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in and out of the Storm.
U can use voice atctivate on hero 7.

U can use voice atctivate on hero 7.

The important point was they did not leave anything out that they might have left off to cut corners do to the lower price point.

One of the biggest problems we had with the Go Pro was not the camera but the menu settings.
By the time we went to use the Go Pro i had already forgotten how to use it. lol

So i think will give it another go as this looks promising.

Reactions: TheRock and Porky
The important point was they did not leave anything out that they might have left off to cut corners do to the lower price point.

One of the biggest problems we had with the Go Pro was not the camera but the menu settings.
By the time we went to use the Go Pro i had already forgotten how to use it. lol

So i think will give it another go as this looks promising.

I always connect mine through my iPad and view the menu through that, bit of a bigger screen than the little GoPro’s ??

Should be here tomorrow so I’ll let you know from someone that’s actually paid for it what the quality’s like [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You’ve bought the Osmo action or the GoPro? You bought the action ain’t ya,lol????

Reactions: fozzzy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54