DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Osmo Pocket Tips and tricks

sli-woody

Reactions
Hi Mavic Pilots

I thought I would share with you a video I made on how to get really cool cinematic style shots with your Osmo Pocket,
If you get chance have a watch and let me know your thoughts, I also have some other videos on the Osmo Pocket on my YT channel:

Reactions: Galeforce1 and PAW
Hi Mavic Pilots

I thought I would share with you a video I made on how to get really cool cinematic style shots with your Osmo Pocket,
If you get chance have a watch and let me know your thoughts, I also have some other videos on the Osmo Pocket on my YT channel:

I have had the Osmo Pocket for several months and I love it but I still have troubles figuring out what I want and how to get to it on the tiny screen. I am still not at the stage of doing the cool cinematic tricks. The Osmo Pocket is a great addition to my video tool box. I love the variety it gives me in filming so I have now evolved to using more than 5 sources of video.

(1) DSLR (Nikon) timelapse and hyperlapse sequences developed with LR Timelapse software
(2) Mavic 2 Pro drone videos
(3) Osmo Action videos (very wide angle)
(4) Osmo Mobile 2 videos (using iPhone- great 4 K video of regular field of view
(5) Osmo Pocket used for panoramas, hyperlapse, timelapse, and regular video). So now, when I am ready to edit, I have all of my five (5) video sources in one "BIN" or folder, all of my stills in one folder, and all of my music in a third folder.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Thanks for watching the video and you sound like you got an awesome set up!
There is one thing I use my Osmo pocket for, and that's close ups- I made a video on that also, have a watch when you get chance:

Reactions: Galeforce1
Thanks for watching the video and you sound like you got an awesome set up!
There is one thing I use my Osmo pocket for, and that's close ups- I made a video on that also, have a watch when you get chance:
I just watched it. That is a very good idea to attach the Osmo Pocket to a tripod. I already have the Ulani Holder to adapt my Pocket to a tripod. Thanks for the great tip.

Dale
Miami,FL.

Thanks for the tip. I have subscribed to you YT channel also. I wish more folks would post about the Osmo Pocket here or at the companion forum OsmoPilots.

I'm not really ready for more devices on this forum! Even the endless Mini Mavic posts have seemed to dominate the forum. The consensus of members has decided to allow it. I find it interesting to a point, but of course, I like more information about Mavic 2 Pro and its videos, settings, regulations, stories, etc. I spend a considerable amount of time on this forum as it is, and only because I am retired. If there were more devices added, it would be untenable for me. It's a good thing that there are stand alone forums for the other devices (Osmo Action, Osmo Pocket, Osmo Mobile 2 and 3) as your link above shows.

I'm not really ready for more devices on this forum! Even the endless Mini Mavic posts have seemed to dominate the forum. The consensus of members has decided to allow it. I find it interesting to a point, but of course, I like more information about Mavic 2 Pro and its videos, settings, regulations, stories, etc. I spend a considerable amount of time on this forum as it is, and only because I am retired. If there were more devices added, it would be untenable for me. It's a good thing that there are stand alone forums for the other devices (Osmo Action, Osmo Pocket, Osmo Mobile 2 and 3) as your link above shows.
I do not disagree with you Dale, so that's why I offered the link to OsmoPilots. However, in the past I have asked people to post about Osmo items on the OsmoPilots forum but people said that that one gets very little traffic. As it stands, there is very little traffic on either of these forums about the Pocket.

I do not disagree with you Dale, so that's why I offered the link to OsmoPilots. However, in the past I have asked people to post about Osmo items on the OsmoPilots forum but people said that that one gets very little traffic. As it stands, there is very little traffic on either of these forums about the Pocket.
I had a look at that forum and did not really find the excitement and enthusiasm found on the drone forum. I think the other Osmo products all have their little niche of users and most users know how to work with them. Unlike the drone forums where a lot of new and old fliers are still struggling to keep from losing their drone, or how to fly their drones, etc. They are also struggling to learn or catch up with the unwelcome hobby of video editing. There is just so much more to flying a drone than using a video camera and the risks are very much greater. I thought about it and decided not to enroll in the mailing list for the Osmo site. I am getting a lot of mail now and the Mavic Pilot already is very time consuming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu