DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Other" USB port on controller?

Hydrostan

Reactions
I have lost contact with my controller thru the USB port. I did some searching for a solution and find some folks referring to "the other USB port on the bottom" Well I have searched thoroughly all over the unit and surely don't see another USB port other than the one on the side. What am I missing here?

I have lost contact with my controller thru the USB port. I did some searching for a solution and find some folks referring to "the other USB port on the bottom" Well I have searched thoroughly all over the unit and surely don't see another USB port other than the one on the side. What am I missing here?
Only has one connection on the mm1. I remember that this connection point was susceptible to damage, not sure how you can check it or if you can connect to a computer. Hopefully someone will have a clue.
Regards

Reactions: old man mavic
@Hydrostan the port people are referring to was found on the bottom of the original MP MPP and M2P controllers ,one of the biggest gripes about the Mini 1 was the fact that it was missing from the RC
on top of that it meant that the single side port was responsible for any cables that are used to charge the RC,and communicate with the screen device
it is also very easy to damage if by mistake the connector is forced in the wrong way up
have you tried a different cable to your device as they can fail over time
one way of trying to prevent the issue of the connector is to mark the top side so at least you know it is inserted the correct way ,if the port is damaged it is possible to put a new one in
but it requires nearly all of the RC innards to be removed and it quite a fiddly job
it would probably be better to source a second hand RC there seem to be plenty of them around on the web

@Hydrostan the port people are referring to was found on the bottom of the original MP MPP and M2P controllers ,one of the biggest gripes about the Mini 1 was the fact that it was missing from the RC
on top of that it meant that the single side port was responsible for any cables that are used to charge the RC,and communicate with the screen device
it is also very easy to damage if by mistake the connector is forced in the wrong way up
have you tried a different cable to your device as they can fail over time
one way of trying to prevent the issue of the connector is to mark the top side so at least you know it is inserted the correct way ,if the port is damaged it is possible to put a new one in
but it requires nearly all of the RC innards to be removed and it quite a fiddly job
it would probably be better to source a second hand RC there seem to be plenty of them around on the web
Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm sure I've damaged it as I have tried to insert a cable in upside down in the past. First my Android was cutting out, next the iPad, and now I can't even charge the unit. A bud of mine found a website where you could purchase a "Remote Control Button Board for DJI Mavic Mini HQ" The price was $5.95, but the shipping for some reason was $49 !!! I surely will label the top of my cables from now on. My only fear of buying a second hand unit is that the connector on that one could be on its way out also.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0