DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Our Mavic 3 long GPS wait is over- well for me it is

Suren

Reactions
So as we know and have read, Dji will be releasing a new firmware to fix the long dreaded GPS wait times and as most of you know i have been very vocal about this on the Dji Forum. I am glad to say that there is a fix and it truely does work, now dont ask me how or where i got this from but know that it works. I updated my firmware and in less than a minute i had 14 sats on the ground with home point locked. It works like it was supposed to now. I am very happy but unforuntaly i cannot share anything further than this but will post a screenshot of the new firmware build below so for those that dont believe me will believe.

IMG_1502.PNG

This is indeed good news. I assume you have been chosen by DJI to beta-test this up-coming firmware release.

It Is good news, although I cannot say much about it
Suren, without compromising yourself . . . is there an approximate timeline you can offer (surely this would be pure speculation from you and NOT DJI) 😉‼️

Suren, without compromising yourself . . . is there an approximate timeline you can offer (surely this would be pure speculation from you and NOT DJI) 😉‼️
I would say end March/1st week in April just as speculation.

So as we know and have read, Dji will be releasing a new firmware to fix the long dreaded GPS wait times and as most of you know i have been very vocal about this on the Dji Forum. I am glad to say that there is a fix and it truely does work, now dont ask me how or where i got this from but know that it works. I updated my firmware and in less than a minute i had 14 sats on the ground with home point locked. It works like it was supposed to now. I am very happy but unforuntaly i cannot share anything further than this but will post a screenshot of the new firmware build below so for those that dont believe me will believe.
This is great news Suren. That must be another tick back on the M3 side :)

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Good news at long last, assuming results for those affected (afflicted?) match this time frame. I originally had reasonable confidence it was a fixable issue, but seeds of doubt crept in as months passed without any change. In my case, as with most, it all went bad after December 9th V01.00.0400, though some reported the issue on January 23rd V01.00.0500. Whatever, it's good to have hope again, lol!

Last edited:
Well they should stop dangling the carrot with posts like this & just bloody well release it then, they were quick enough to release the drone for Xmas sales.
I agree... but if DJI felt it was 100% ready they would release it. Beta testing is prudent because they don't want to break the Mavic 3 twice. This post and a few other DJI comments show that the fix is coming soon.

Well they should stop dangling the carrot with posts like this & just bloody well release it then, they were quick enough to release the drone for Xmas sales.

No thanks. I prefer firmware releases to be FULLY tested, thank you. Confirming that it fixes the satellite issue we see from the first post (from a single, non DJI-employee source). Tested to make sure it doesn't break anything else should continue at the pace that it needs.

The last thing we need is buggy firmware—a large number of users are afraid of firmware updates as it is.

Chris

Trying to correctly interpret this... are you saying you personally would rather not know anything about a fix until it is released?

Never pulled the trigger on getting this Drone but I waited so long to get it now I see why I follow my gut it just makes you wonder why he’s critical points that you guys talk about especially the GPSWhich is a huge part DJI drones something like this would even happen after putting out so many drones before the m-3 came out,My expectations Of this drone have plummeted I’m sure the day will come where it’s all worked out all I’m saying is it just doesn’t seem right that the customer has to go through what you guys have been through insteadOf buying a drone that’s just near perfect which it should be just my opinion good luck guys

No thanks. I prefer firmware releases to be FULLY tested, thank you. Confirming that it fixes the satellite issue we see from the first post (from a single, non DJI-employee source). Tested to make sure it doesn't break anything else should continue at the pace that it needs.

The last thing we need is buggy firmware—a large number of users are afraid of firmware updates as it is.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54