DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out of focus Panorama

Wlong3

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello, took a couple of panorama's yesterday on my new mavic air 2. All but one came out beautiful. One had the top third blurred. I believe this one was a 360. I had to resize it to upload. See attached.

Attachments

• DJI_0038.jpeg
    DJI_0038.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
If possible hit AF on distance object. Confirm focus. Then switch to MF. If possible your AF tried to focus on sky and did not register focus correctly.

I shoot all panos in MF once I have used AF to set the focus.

Paul C

As far as i know Mavic Air 2 has set focus from 1meter to infinity. Your panorama is 360 and mavic can't shoot pictures pointing up so its filling that part automaticly.

Reactions: phantomi
Put that 360 pamo in a 360 viewer and it will look great. The filled sky will still be off but will only be seen when you "look up". You can do your own fill if you want to restich, but I wouldn't bother. Those are not meant to be viewed "flat".

I just did and you are correct. The blur is still there but ONLY if you move the photo to look up. If you don't move the photo other than left, right or down, you never see the blur. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello, took a couple of panorama's yesterday on my new mavic air 2. All but one came out beautiful. One had the top third blurred. I believe this one was a 360. I had to resize it to upload. See attached.
The gimbal can't cover all 180° of a 360x180 spherical pano, because the vertical elevation is limited to 24° of the upper 90°, so DJI clones in a sky on the in camera stitch. The softness of the clone edge is more noticeable when the sky is empty. It is not an out of focus photograph. If you stitch the 26 originals yourself in another program, you can cut off the ceiling at the top sharp edge of the upper row of photographs, leaving no blur, but also no ceiling.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User