DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out of the box best Tablet for Mavic Air using DJI GO 4

Reactions
I know, this again!
Anyhow, what I want. Out of the box, no tweaking, no adjusting. Download the app and go fly. Can't see using my note 8. Need larger viewing area. More familiar with android but willing to go iOS. Which Samsung, Apple or whatever fits the bill?

Thanks

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I use a 10 inch t580 have been very happy with it. Got the mavmount to hold it to the remote.

Anyhow, what I want. Out of the box, no tweaking, no adjusting. Download the app and go fly. Can't see using my note 8. Need larger viewing area. More familiar with android but willing to go iOS. Which Samsung, Apple or whatever fits the bill?
The current best performing Android tablets for flying are the Huawei M3 and M5.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
I bought a mount and have used the iPad Air a few times. Gets the job done, but the screen on my Galaxy S8 Active is MUCH brighter. Also, it takes a few more minutes to get the iPad set up.

I'm not an Apple person but I use a 32GB iPad (6th Generation) WiFi + Cellular. Works great right out of the box. I don't use it for anything but the Mavic Pro. I'm certain there are a few android devices out there that would work just a good. I first bought a used Samsung 4G 10" pad off eBay only to find out that it wouldn't work with DJI Go4 app. So be careful of what you pick.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Thanks for the input. Pulled the trigger on the new ipad and love it. Out of the box, downloaded the app and it works perfectly. Screen resolution is outstanding and the size just makes it ever so much easier on my less than perfect eyes.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
Thanks for the input. Pulled the trigger on the new ipad and love it. Out of the box, downloaded the app and it works perfectly. Screen resolution is outstanding and the size just makes it ever so much easier on my less than perfect eyes.
I'm still not an Apple person but do agree. Out of the box, install the app, and fly. No complaints whatsoever. Probably good choice.

I use the latest iPad, the 11" iPad Pro. Good size to see everything and flawless operation.

i use a 38" monitor. i just lug that thing around and fly my drone using its touchscreen capabilities.

I used an iPad mini for a bit, but migrated to the iPad Air. It's the oldest full-size iPad that will work and it gives me the real estate which I like. I put it in Airplane mode, connect and it works great. Not a fan of some of the iPad limitations as a tablet, but mine is dedicated just for my drone so it works perfect.

I use the Nexus (Asus) 7 (2013 version). Refurbished off of Amazon for $114 and was like new. Works great and fits in the controller.

Reactions: pvs
I'm using an iPad Air 10 inch. It works perfectly. I got a holder off Amazon for about $17 to attach it to my controller.

MINI 4 I PAD--- LOVE IT!
Agreed. I picked up the Ipad 4 Mini on Black Friday for a great price and it's big enough to see a lot of detail, but also small enough to fit in the RC without a 3rd party mounting solution and light enough so my hands don't get tired.

Reactions: NAVMAV
With the mini 4 This chord fits perfect as it's only 11 inches- Flawless!! No disconnects ever and it is angled. Great if your putting the mini 4 in controller!! Its on amazon

CreatePros MFi Certified Angled Lightning to USB Cable compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod - 11 Inches (28 Centimeters) - Black

After posting the same question time and time again I finally broke down and bought a New Ipad Mini 4 64GB WiFi and Celullar model and couldnt be happier, I think DJI lwhile putting these drones on the market, they seem like their more geared to run Apple products flawlessly.......I still buy android for everything else...So go with Apple Ipad Mini 4 problems solved!

I think DJI lwhile putting these drones on the market, they seem like their more geared to run Apple products flawlessly.
SOme people say things like this just because their Apple device runs the app well.
But what of the many Android devices that also run the app flawlessly?

Running the app properly requires a fast processor and enough RAM regardless of the operating system of your tablet.

Reactions: peteair75
I really couldn't tell the difference between iPad mini 4 and Nvidia Shield, both great tablets, just seem like DJI leans toward apple, even on the sticker on their boxed drones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato