DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Output 4k question

Thanev

Reactions
Hello.
I have a T.V. that will play 4k,but it only has hdmi ports on the back

Is there an inexpensive way to plug a microsd card into a reader which outputs through a hdmi port?
Cannot seem to find microsd readers with a male hdmi connector....do I need to go from a card reader to usb to hdmi?

If your TV only has HDMI ports, you’ll need some other device like a laptop or tablet to read the files on your SD Card and turn them into a video signal that can be sent over HDMI to your TV. Some smart TVs can read a file off the card themselves and play it but they have SD Card slots or a USB port. I hope that helps.

I have a 4K LG TV that has WiFi built-in. It connects to my home network and then I use an LG app on my tablet to mirror the videos and photos to the TV. Works great.

Reactions: Dronarium
I'm surprised that your TV doesn't include a USB media socket that you can use for this??? Otherwise, as stated in post#2 above, you need to have a laptop or PC plugged into the TV via HDMI and configure the TV as a second screen. You can then view it that way ...

Hi, mind me asking what type of TV you have that plays 4K? I wanted to look up the specs to see if there was inputs that maybe hard to see or hidden. Thanks.
Blue Skies

TCL 6 series

"
  • Three HDMI 2.0a ports with HDCP 2.2 (only HDMI 3 offers ARC)
  • Ethernet (not always a given on affordable TVs)
  • One USB 2.0 port
  • Optical audio out
  • Headphone jack
  • RF connector (cable / antenna)
  • Mini-3.5mm connector (component / composite)
I am trying to playback 4k signal straight from the card...

Last edited:
Your best bet is to use a streaming device.
Most USB’s are for photos only and will not decode .265 or 264 4K files.
I have a similar situation and it was the cheapest path. Used Banggood and ordered a .265 streaming box to play my 4K files.
Tom S

Your best bet is to use a streaming device.
Most USB’s are for photos only and will not decode .265 or 264 4K files.
I have a similar situation and it was the cheapest path. Used Banggood and ordered a .265 streaming box to play my 4K files.
Tom S
Thank you

It does, without any difficulty on my system. Both 4K h.264, and h265 videos stream effortlessly. The only condition necessary is a wireless network connection between the PC and Roku capable of 100Kbps or more.

TheoreticalActual
802.11b11 Mbps5.5 Mbps
802.11a54 Mbps20 Mbps
802.11g54 Mbps20 Mbps
802.11n600 Mbps100 Mbps
802.11ac1,300 Mbps200 Mbps
802.11n, and 802ac do its just fine.

If you don't have one of these network types, transcoding it down to 20Mbps or lower will play on everything but 802.11b. It is very difficult to visually tell 4K at 100 mMbps from 4K at 20 Mbps. All 4K content from Netflix works well at between 15 Mbps and 30 Mbps as you can clearly see. I produce all my released, post processed drone video inH.265 at about 15-18 Bps.

Reactions: Thanev
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest