DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overcurrent Discharged

wingbotics

Reactions
Hi,

I have the latest firmware for my Mavic pro, 1.4.5. (both the RC and the aircraft). This morning, I was flying at sport mode at 37mph and ascending at 9mph then a warning, Battery: Overcurrent During Discharge, shown up briefly (6 seconds). Obviously the drone was in full throttle. I read a few old postings here and thought to myself that this issue had been addressed and fixed in the latest firmware. If so, why did it happen?
Going back to the fly path recording, I saw that the accessing dropped back to 0mph though the horizontal speed maintained. I can't be sure whether it was me or the firmware initiated the pause in upward rising. If it were the latter, would that mean the firmware answer for the over current problem?

What would happen if it were to last more than 6s with that warning? What precaution will I need to prepare next time if I encounter such a situation?

The battery used in the fly was PowerExtra, not the OEM.

Comments and advises please!

Thank you all.

Last edited:
you obviously exceeded the C rating for the battery ,because you were drawing more current than the battery could provide were you in a hurry to get somewhere ?

I did not know about the c-rating thingy about the battery. Anyway, I was not in any rush at all. Does the drone automatically cuts off when such a warning is detected?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica