DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overdue part 107 renewal

Depends on what you call a grace period.

By regulations, if I recall correctly, let’s say you got your license on November 1, 2017.

That license is current until the END of November 2019... 24 calendar months.

If you’re past the 24-month limit your certificate is not valid, and will not be UNTIL you take - and pass- the recurrency test.

Last edited:
Well say if you know you are expiring but you retest is scheduled past your expiry date.

Well say if you know you are expiring but you retest is scheduled past your expiry date.

Then you cannot exercise the privileges of the pilot certificate between the end of the 24th month and the day you pass the test.

Ironically, there was a question on my test that deals with just this scenario.

Also remember, once you pass you will be given a printed certified copy by the test Proctor showing you passed.

Store the original somewhere safe, and I’d advise you to make copies of it, put a copy in each of your drone cases. That along with your original certificate shows proof of currency.

Your proof of passing is an 8 1/2 x 11“ sheet of paper, really hard to shrink and laminate and still be legible.

Please correct me if i am wrong (I am sure someone will!): Once you are a registered sUAS pilot under 107, i believe you are always one. However, if you are out of date (out of currency), you no rights under 107 until you pass the re-cert test. it doesn't matter how long you are out, once you pass the recert test you can fly commercially again. Finally, and this is IMPORTANT, your 24 month period starts from WHEN YOU TOOK THE TEST, not the date of issuance of the cert. At least this is what i learned from the 107 course I am taking now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123