DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overexposure screen, unable to fly in current condition.

xunhui

Reactions
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone had this issue with their MA2 and was able to fix it? I checked absolutely everything possible that I can think of. All firmware is updated, drone has about 450 hours flying time and I've now had it for 12 months. My DJI Care Refresh ends on June 3rd and my time is getting near. Never once crashed, rained on or mishandled in any manner. All drone settings have been reset back to default and still nothing but a overexposure screen. Took camera filter off (PGYTECH ND16/PL) and still the same issue with no filter. It's not a filter issue but rather I think something with the camera. So, if anyone has a idea let me know or it's heading back to DJI.

WeChat Image_20210530152625.jpg

Besides the obvious , and I it may be because of the line but the FONT looks off to me as if it got changed.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain .

The obvious question is to check the camera settings on the app. How do you have your exposure set up? Are you on manual or automatic? Do you have any exposure compensation dialed in?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
The obvious question is to check the camera settings on the app. How do you have your exposure set up? Are you on manual or automatic? Do you have any exposure compensation dialed in?
that's visible in the screenshot, AUTO with EV 0.0

I have an MP2 and not an MA2, but if you have the option in the camera settings, try to change the camera from auto exposure to manual exposure, then you should have full control of the exposure level.

Turn off "overexposure" help

Does it do that when you point the camera at an area that is clearly not over exposed, say like a dim hallway or such?

Reactions: hiflyer201
that's visible in the screenshot, AUTO with EV 0.0
Turn it off of auto exposure and see of you can fix it that way.

What happens if you turn off the overexposure warning? If it doesn't look right them, it is probably the camera.

If you look at the bottom right of your screen...there is an icon of a camera with auto written on it....play with that button and see if it changes....also change your ISO while in manual and see if that changes anything

This overexposure is a strange problem. I had it a month ago or so, with Mavic Air 2. I have the feeling that it might have started when I had problems with the display brightness of my Galaxy Tab S6 Light (Android 13). That tablet turned too dark when on auto brightness indoors. I switched to manual brightness, which solved the problem indoors. I then switched back to auto brightness when flying. The screen was so bright that it was difficult to navigate based on the display. Still images (panorama 360) were normal, just the video was affected.

Re-installing DJI Fly (at 1.9.8, I guess) solved the problem. A couple of flights (that I had not uploaded to Air Data) were lost from the database, but that is no problem for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji