DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overheating battery terminals

trev187

Reactions
Hi guys!, I’m having the issue of overheating the 4 terminals on the battery, on the left side of drone which I believe is the 4 positive terminals. I have the fly more kit with mavic 2 zoom and now 2 of the 3 batteries i cant use because it will shutoff drone mid flight. (Got lucky twice) Upon more inspection i noticed that if i wiggle the battery locked into drone it will cut power off. Now looking closely at battery the left side 4 terminal are not gold color anymore and more darkish almost black color. So my conclusion it they lost tension and now are loose and with vibration of drone or movement of battery, connection of power is lost to drone. Has anybody else experienced this? All i see is battery swelling issues and poping out of locks when i use the search button. None of my 3 batteries have any swelling at all. One thing to add that is important is that i have modified the sport mode parameters to be a lil bit more aggresive. Which is why i’m not complaining about dji products or trying to get warranty out of them. I find it odd that i cant find anybody with this issue also, i’m sure im not the only guy running modified sport mode parameters. So my question is has anyone else have this issue? And can someone replaced the terminals on battery? (Battery have about 20 cycles on them)

It’s likely the modified attack angles In the new non-DJI firmware have exceeded the max current for the terminals In both batteries and bird. Stop using the burned batteries and Modified firmware, carefully inspect the birds contacts. If you’re lucky, you may be able “Brush plate gold to both terminal sets and restore they’re use.
Carefully clean all involved terminals and purchase a hard gold brush plating kit on the net and you may be able to re-use the bird and batteries if the damage is minor.l

I did forget, if the are very burned, they may lost their temper (spring like qualities) Causing low contact tension or on a lesser scale, may have boiled off the gold and nickel barriers (plating). It’s possible to restore both plating through brush playing kits.

Reactions: trev187
I use the Airdata UAV site to maintain a watch on the equipment. Personally, I have found in each of my three batteries, the cell #4 is showing some deviation, not in the red yet, but above all the other cells. With the fact it is ALWAYS cell #4, I suspect it is the connector on the M2P.

Reactions: trev187
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54