DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overwhelmed.

Arby4012

Reactions
I just got a Mavic Mini. I have a phone and a tablet that work for me...but neither compatible with the DJI Fly app. I've tried to read the threads on recommendations but it's all become a jumble. I plan to get a phone or tablet but no phone service to use just with the Mini. I wish to stay with Android, and under $200. Amazon has a "Samsung Galaxy S7 G930V 32GB" that looks OK, except it says "Verizon". I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks -- Arby

"

Reactions: aforww
I just got a Mavic Mini. I have a phone and a tablet that work for me...but neither compatible with the DJI Fly app. I've tried to read the threads on recommendations but it's all become a jumble. I plan to get a phone or tablet but no phone service to use just with the Mini. I wish to stay with Android, and under $200. Amazon has a "Samsung Galaxy S7 G930V 32GB" that looks OK, except it says "Verizon". I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks -- Arby

"
I just got a Lenovo Tab 4 8" for $124 on Amazon. Works great. Just be sure to get an SD card for it because it's internal storage is only 16GB and mostly taken up with factory installed stuff and the OS. Plus, it's a great tablet for the price.

Why do you think it's incompatible, you would likely be able to install the app on practically any android device but if you have't enough RAM it may struggle.
SIdeload it if need be you might be surprised.

DJI products seem to work just a bit better with iOS products. Consider an iPad Mini. I picked up a 32gb Generation 2 (refurb) a couple of weeks ago for $130. Well worth it. Works flawlessly with all of my drones (Tello, Anafi, Mavic Air, Mavic Mini and Spark). Gen 2 with cellular capability is all you need (don't need to activate cell service, but the cell chip is necessary for GPS location of the controller).

Why do you think it's incompatible, you would likely be able to install the app on practically any android device but if you have't enough RAM it may struggle.
DJI Fly does need Android 6.0 or better. I used my old Galaxy S4 for my toy FPV drones, so I wouldn't have to keep taking my current phone out of its case, but the S4 can't be upgraded past 5.1.

I appreciate the great suggestions and am holding off for more. I've been in tech for many years, but am new to phones. I'm not sure about sideloading..I did browse to DJI and got a message about not compatible. Perhaps with a lot of fiddling I could get it to work but I'd rather be flying. Thanks again for the thoughts. -- Arby

"
try xiaomi note 5 pro onwards.. they are cheap and works really well ... you can see the list here

Maybe this myth will die one day.
The DJI app runs just as well on Apple or Android.
What's important is that the device has a fast processor and enough RAM.
This is only half true. As we all know, DJI drones are draining the battery of the phone or tablet attached on android devices, which is not the case on ios.

• Haha
Reactions: thermalflyer
compatibility is better for iOS devices.
That's the myth that needs to die.
The app works perfectly in suitable Apple and Android devices.
There's no compatibility issue either way.
This is only half true. As we all know, DJI drones are draining the battery of the phone or tablet attached on android devices, which is not the case on ios.
That's a very minor difference but it's not a real problem.

Last edited:
That's the myth that needs to die.
The app works perfectly in suitable Apple and Android devices.
There's no compatibility issue either way.

That's a very minor difference but it's not a real problem.
Huh? I'm on an android and have no battery drain issues. Y'all need to work on your facts instead of spreading nonsense.

Huh? I'm on an android and have no battery drain issues. Y'all need to work on your facts instead of spreading nonsense.

?
You should check the battery of your RC while flying on Android. It’s actually a well known point in the drone community.
Enjoy.

You should check on your literacy... In your comment, you stated DJI drones were draining the device. Not the device draining the RC....... Kind of a big difference there chief. Additionally, it's not like it's a software or hardware bug. It's literally charging the phone while in use because of the way the connection is handled. I wouldn't call that an issue considering with six batteries my RC still jas more juice than I have flight time lol.

Fanboys and their conspiracies.
Calm down and enjoy your days off.
no need to be so agro!
Well I guess I’m more literate in French, German, Russian. Sorry if I was hurting your feelings.
English is also a nice language ?

"

I'd stick with something on the confirmed list to be safe, not any device will work they need to have a 64bit architecture

mavic mini rc compatibility.JPG

Reactions: CareyL
In my opinion, my 32 GB iPad with no telephone service works fine with both my Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Pro. The installation of DJI Go4 was flawless as was the connection. Every time I use the big screen of my 9.5 inch iPad, I love he big view.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS