DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Owner's ID details on drone?

Wendy205

Reactions
G'day everyone, greetings from sunny Perth, WA.

I'm just wondering what people do or use to put their names or some sort of ID on their drone. Stickers, permanent marker or ??? And where would be a good place to put it? I'd like to have my name and a phone number on my MA so that if the worst happens and it gets lost or goes MIA it can be identified as mine and hopefully get returned to me if I can't track it down.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers for now.

Wendy.

G'day mate!
In USA we are required to register and label our drones (MA included) with our FAA registration number.
In addition to that I usually put a sticker saying "If found, please call XXXX. A reward offered" in the hopes someone might call me.
I tend to avoid markers, cause I end up selling the unit and no one wants to buy it if its marked up. My opinion. Hope this helps.

We put or FAA# and contact information on each of our aircraft.

Also I have an If Found TEXT file on the SD card with the same information just in case.

I use an inexpensive Epson label maker to make the labels. There are different colors of tape and ink available, so you can choose what works for you, and you can change the size of the text or even have two lines of text on one label.

My original Mavic Pro I used gold ink on a clear background so it matched the coloring of the Mavic. I haven't been able to find silver for the M2P, so I used black ink on a clear background.

Stickers, permanent marker
Some type of semi-permanent sticker (like these) would be a better option if you think you might sell your drone at some point in the future.

1566226792118.png

I use the transfers from Aerial Pixel on the sides of my drones as well as sticker with “Call xxx-xxx-xxxx if found. Reward.” On the exterior rear.

Reactions: Wendy205
Seems like we all offer rewards. Has anyone had the misfortune of actually giving someone a reward? Me, not yet...knock on wood.
It was much more prevalent years ago with the earlier version drones...think non-gps or early gps units that instead of Return-To-Home had Return-To-China in the software!

Reactions: WAXMAN and Wendy205
Seems like we all offer rewards. Has anyone had the misfortune of actually giving someone a reward? Me, not yet...knock on wood.
It was much more prevalent years ago with the earlier version drones...think non-gps or early gps units that instead of Return-To-Home had Return-To-China in the software!

Back many moons ago we did High Altitude Kits and we often lost them over night. We always had our Contact Information taped to the kite. One Sunday afternoon we got a call someone miles away had found our main kite (like a 9' wingspan... like this big Black Bat kites but BIGGER). He said he would be over later to return it and pick up the REWARD. He and his younger brother walked across town to return our kite. Mom gave them each a nice reward and then gave them a ride back home. They got a kick out of our expressions when they explained where they found the kite and they came back a few weeks later to watch us launch our kites etc.

We had some model rockets returned due to having our name etc on them but did not have REWARD on them.

I have a Phantom 4 in my living room right now that someone lost recently in our area and it appears they wrote down the wrong FAA Registration # on the aircraft as the FAA can't find a record of this exact #. If they had placed their name & # on the aircraft (or a simple TXT file on the SD card) they would have gotten their shiny, apparently new Phantom4 back yesterday.

Same here I use a Brother Label maker with Bright Yellow and Black sticker. I also have a second sticker inside the battery compartment as a back up. And a Text file on all SD cards with Name, Phone#, and reward written on them. I also have this text file on the SD card in my Smart Controller (also with Label on it)

Just a thought can we add a Text file onto the Internal Memory space on the Mavic 2 Pro or any drone with internal Storage? Now that I think about it I will take a picture of the same info and save it internally to the Drone.

I'm just wondering what people do or use to put their names or some sort of ID on their drone. Stickers, permanent marker or ??? And where would be a good place to put it? I'd like to have my name and a phone number on my MA so that if the worst happens and it gets lost or goes MIA it can be identified as mine and hopefully get returned to me if I can't track it down.

Cheers for now.

Wendy.

I used a label maker and put my phone number on the front of the drone, and the FAA registration on the top. I do not put my name anywhere.

Go to Amazon, search FAA Drone Labels (2 sets of. 3) + FAA UAS Registration ID Card for hobbyist pilots. $11.97

Last edited:
Thank you all very much for your replies, suggestions and pics so far. Seems that labels are the way to go. I'll look into it ASAP, before I head out next with my MA.
(I didn't realise you were all particular with colours of the labels and ink)!!;)
Thanks again, it's great to get good ideas and advice from other fanatics!

I ordered stickers online with their FAA registration numbers and my cell phone number.

Cheers for now.

Wendy.
I have my FAA registration number on all four of my batteries. It's the only flat spot big enough on the Air to put it. I printed stickers with a label maker. I also made a smaller sticker and put it in the battery compartment. It's a little over kill but if it ever flys away I want to get it back.

I have my FAA registration number on all four of my batteries. It's the only flat spot big enough on the Air to put it.
The top has lots of nice flat spots if using small decals like these:

1566382938592.png

In Germany and Sweden, it is requiered to have name and contact information of the owner/operator on a fireproof label on the drone.

I have my label on the left backleg of the drone. They cost about 7 to 8 Euro a pair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato