DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Owners of both M2Z and M2P.....

cdehlert

Reactions
Hi--

Interested in feedback from anyone who uses both the Zoom and Pro; do you see significantly better lens sharpness from the Pro than the Zoom, apart from just the sensor resolution? I have a Zoom I've been happy with, but I've noticed the edge sharpness isn't all that great. I'm doing 2D orthophotos now and wonder if it's worth investing in the Pro since mapping missions can't really use the zoom function anyway.
Thanks in advance--

I tried both, and bought the Pro.

The lens quality on the Pro is definitely better than the Zoom, and you have the benefit of an adjustable aperture. There is some sample variation, but if you get a good copy the edges are quite good. Still image quality is night & day better on the Pro in general, but I am not sure what aspects of image quality specifically are most important for your work.

The Zoom can go a tiny bit wider, if that matters, at 24mm vs 28mm equivalent on the Pro.

Reactions: cdehlert
I have both and the Pro has a better picture, But sometimes I need the Zoom so that's why I have both.

Reactions: charliesRig
I started out with a M2P, and it has a great camera for primary photographic work. The variable aperture is much better for low light work, but I purchased a zoom camera mostly for the zoom capabilities, which for my work photos is a tremendous asset. I do not see much difference in the photo clarity, but all my picture are during the day, 90% with strong light. To me, both are excellent, but there is no doubt the Pro is the better of the cameras, depending upon what it is to be used for.

This may help? Checkout a YouTube video by Film Poets, “DJI Mavic Pro - Don’t get this setting wrong.”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake