DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oxnard to Santa Maria

Skippy905

Reactions
I know not everyone wants to share their best spots, so I don't mind if you PM me if you have your own hidden gem.

I'm in Southern California on Monday, and have the afternoon to take a leisurely drive from Oxnard up to Santa Maria.

I've done this drive so many times, so I do already have some spots in mind such as PCH beaches, possible shoot up over Lake Cachuma, and then of course over the vineyards near Santa Maria.

Just wondering if I am driving past some exceptional spot that I must stop at and fly.

Thanks guys!

A bit of a detour, but maybe Solvang for some of the structures?
And hey, if you have time, take a fly over Vandenburg and let us know how many missiles you can spot! Just don't come begging for bail money.

Ha Ha. I've passed Vandenburg many times. Don't need to be a foreigner flying over and AFB!

I think I might check out Solvang. Not that far off a possible route.

Thanks!

Have fun! By the way, for eats check out the Hitching Post in Casmalia (best steak I've ever had in my life) and/or Jocko's in Nipomo for one of their grilled inch-thick pork chops. I'm over a thousand miles from either for the last two decades, but still remember those dinners. I assume and hope they're still just as good.

A hundred years ago I used to visit Vandenburg several times a year to geek around with stuff there and have eaten a lot of fine food all up and down that coast. If you can find a parking-lot BBQ set up on a weekend in Santa Maria, make sure you're hungry and load up on their local Tri-Tip and Santa Maria beans. And one more: last I heard, the Apple Farm in San Luis Obispo still served a mean breakfast.

Reactions: pelagic_one
So tried to fly at Solvang, but it's inside the airport zone, so didn't want to risk it. Plus it was 104F outside, and I wasn't sure how the drone would do in that weather, so decided against it.
I did manage to eat at the Hitching Post. What a steak!!!! Also, they have Hitching Post II in Solvang as well.
Thanks for the tip!.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
I did manage to eat at the Hitching Post. What a steak!!!! Also, they have Hitching Post II in Solvang as well.
Thanks for the tip!.
Yes, I've eaten at both; glad their standards are holding up and you're welcome. Too bad you couldn't fly, but the visit wasn't a total bust.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada