DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

P2 Firmware Warning.

Romonaga

Reactions
Yesterday, when I was about to take my 3rd flight, when I powered up, I was warned about firmware not being consistent. Thinking this is very odd, as I know the Firmware was update when I set the bird up, I aborted my flight, returned home.

I booted into Windows (Thanks DJI for no Linux Support) loaded the Assist software, and it told me the same thing, showed the correct version, but insisted I still needed to upgrade.

I performed the upgrade, re-calibrated, went for a test flight in backyard. Short flight to test safety, landed, so far things look good, but until I understand why she will remain grounded as my trust level in this bird is still one of us building it.

This does very little for me trusting this bird, anyone have any idea before I open a ticket, or start a return process?

Forgot to add, no the bird had no mishaps, has less then 3 hours flight time. Was a new battery that was never used before, but so was the 2nd flights battery.

Well sometimes it helps to search, it seems that it is related to the the new batteries, don't ever remember this with the P4, but heck, that old bird is well, old and trusted. However, once I did read the posts here, it all came back. Yep, smart batteries need firmware updates as well, did not even cross my mind.

Glad I did abort flight as it seems flying with this error can lead to flight problems. Again, a lesson for anyone reading, if your bird, gives errors that you do not understand or know, abort your flight and fix it.

Now I will have to recheck that 2nd battery as it is new as well, and I should have been warned. Perhaps I missed it?

Last edited:
@Romonaga not all firmware updates include the battery,but if they do then as you found out they all need to be updated, the one in the drone during the initial update gets done at the same time
something else to be aware of after an update, just go through you settings as sometimes a firmware update can alter the settings in the app such as RTH distance and height metric or imperial etc

Reactions: Romonaga
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato