DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

P40 pro +

iglou7

Reactions
Good afternoon. Could the dji fly app work with the new huawei p40pro+? Please advise. Best regards.

Have a close look at the spec's for the latest Huawei mobiles, because the trade war between the USA and China got to a point where the Chinese were no longer able to use the full Google Android OS. So although it might 'look' like an Android phone - there may be differences.
I just went and browsed the extensive P40 Pro page on Huawei's website - and the word 'Android' does not appear on the whole page ...

Because the phone is 'Android-free' it might be that you can't get a version of DJI's app for it - which would be odd, considering DJI is another Chinese company. It may be worth popping this question directly to DJI ...

Reactions: iglou7
Good afternoon. Could the dji fly app work with the new huawei p40pro+? Please advise. Best regards.
I know it's a different animal, but DJI FLy certianly works very well on the Huawei P30 Pro. Camera phones of this size are certainly tedious to fit in the Mavic Mini controller.

I know it's a different animal, but DJI FLy certianly works very well on the Huawei P30 Pro. Camera phones of this size are certainly tedious to fit in the Mavic Mini controller.
The P30 & P30 Pro are Android smartphones.

mmmm, ok, thank you !
the answer i got from the dji forum:

The Kirin 990 5G is a 64bit CPU and so should in theory be able to run the FLY app however, there is no Google play store support on the handset as far as I know so you would need the apk file to install the application.

not an easy one i suppose...

mmmm, ok, thank you !

The Kirin 990 5G is a 64bit CPU and so should in theory be able to run the FLY app however, there is no Google play store support on the handset as far as I know so you would need the apk file to install the application.

That's pretty much what I thought you'd get ... But - I'm surprised that with the anti-China stuff going on in the USA, that DJI aren't already working with Huawei on this. I use a Huawei P10+ on my Mavic Pro controller, and it's a great phone for the job.

mmmm, ok, thank you !

Download the DJI Fly app from DJI's site and side-load it.

DJI Fly- DJI Download Center- DJI from your phone, click the download for Android and once done use your file browser to find the downloaded app and install it.

Last edited:
of course it can, in the ap gallery you have the applique dji fly app, it is definitely dji chinese company

another reply from DJI. For your information:

Hello there Iglou7. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Huawei P40 Pro+ ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said application. There is a possibility that the Huawei P40 Pro+ will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54