DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pace Maker/ Defibrillator

Mad Mavic

Reactions
I have a question and sorry if this has been posted previous, I couldn’t find anything, but thought it was worth the time.

My wife has a congenital heart defect and even though she’s young, has a pace maker/defibrillator implant.

Just this morning she was inside our house wearing our DJI goggles, as I flew our Mavic up to catch the morning sunrise. Something my wife loves to watch and photograph when we travel.

Anyway, she gets a message on the goggles that I didn’t get on the remote “strong magnetic interference with DJI goggles

Fortunately she wasn’t affected that we know of, an interigation of her device will hopefully say for sure. I’m just curious if anyone else has had this same experience and or message with or without a pacemaker or defibrillator?

That just means the video reception of the goggles got low at some point, nothing to do with anything else. And yes it is not the correct message, bug in the goggles...

Reactions: RawRock
It appears that while it is possible to have EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) affect the
Implanted Cardioverter-Defibrillators
the following study concluded that
"Main finding of our study was that electromagnetic interference transmitted by digital cellular handheld D- or E-net phones, commonly used in Europe did not interfere with normal ICD-function of tested single-chamber devices under daily-life conditions. Inappropriate sensing and detection of ventricular tachyarrhythmias were not found."

Source: Electromagnetic Interference in Patients with Implanted Cardioverter-Defibrillators and Implantable Loop Recorders

Internal pacemakers/defibrillators are extremely well shielded. It's highly unlikely that the goggles would interfere with it. From what I've read, even those caution signs about micro wave ovens are no longer necessary with modern pacemakers/defibrillators.

Had an ICD DEFIBRILLATOR inserted yesterday. Trying to figure out the output from the mavic 2 transmitter and will it interfere with my new combined pacemaker/defibrillate machine.

Had an ICD DEFIBRILLATOR inserted yesterday. Trying to figure out the output from the mavic 2 transmitter and will it interfere with my new combined pacemaker/defibrillate machine.

Probably a better question for your doctor or company that makes the medical device.

Reactions: BigAl07

Outstanding! I hope you do VERY well and it allows you to have a long and happy life.

Probably a better question for your doctor or company that makes the medical device.

I agree and the only source I would trust (no offense to anyone here) on this topic. I'd want to know and have it from the official source just in case.

Congratulations! The technology in the devices today are incredible. Unlike the earlier generations, the units today are "smart" devices having the ability to initiate a host of options to correct the issue, which often don't require defibrillation; absolutely amazing!

I authored the very first post on this subject, in concern for my wife, who has has a P/D, To date, there have been not episodes as a result of our drones or Goggles. She rides on the back of my Harley and a few other no-no's but like everything, they lay out the most extreme scenarios for liability.

A mention to your cardiologist will instill some comfort, and do those interrogations regularly as prescribed... very important even if you didn't have a drone.

This is off topic, but while we're here, it's certainly relevant, I offer the following warning! DO NOT!!! allow anyone to put you in an MRI unless the device vendor approves. My wife was being transported to the MRI, and it just so happened a vendor rep for her device was present. Had he not been there, he said the results of the MRI would have destroyed the fine leads going into her heart. The anomaly was that the MRI was in the same hospital that implanted the device...we're all human.

fly high and fly often

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000