DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Palisades Park NJ & Yonkers NY - 1000 ft above the Hudson

Well that brightened up my Monday morning. Good stuff! Now because I'm a video editor by trade, ya got a couple bad dissolves you may want to check. It could be a bad export or a long dissolve that went into the next shot. The 2nd one I saw was at 2:28.

Well that brightened up my Monday morning. Good stuff! Now because I'm a video editor by trade, ya got a couple bad dissolves you may want to check. It could be a bad export or a long dissolve that went into the next shot. The 2nd one I saw was at 2:28.
Thanks, I noticed that after I posted it. I don't use a lot of transition effects but in this video it seemed to work good with the dissolves. The issue was that I made the cut right at the moment when I flew the drone in a different direction. So you are seeing the drone zoom away from the scene it had been locked on. I should have made the transitions shorter or made the cut sooner.

Thanks, I noticed that after I posted it. I don't use a lot of transition effects but in this video it seemed to work good with the dissolves. The issue was that I made the cut right at the moment when I flew the drone in a different direction. So you are seeing the drone zoom away from the scene it had been locked on. I should have made the transitions shorter or made the cut sooner.
There are actually a bunch more of those after my time mention. Double-check the sequence but I'm guessing that unless you went to the very last frame of each one of those dissolves, it may be an export setting or something downstream of your edits. Sometimes a difference in footage framerate and timeline framerate will cause some weird blending issues when the software is trying to interpret the footage.

There are actually a bunch more of those after my time mention. Double-check the sequence but I'm guessing that unless you went to the very last frame of each one of those dissolves, it may be an export setting or something downstream of your edits. Sometimes a difference in footage framerate and timeline framerate will cause some weird blending issues when the software is trying to interpret the footage.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I am using Final Cut and the basic Cross Dissolve. Everything was 29.97fps. I did speed a few of the clips up. But most are at normal speed.

I exported using the default "YouTube and Facebook" settings.

I FIGURED IT OUT! I was using an adjustment layers for color correction. When I remove the adjustment layer, it is much smoother.

Unfortunately, when I add a transitions to the adjustment layers, it still doesn't look quite right. But at least I know the source of the issue.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Yeah, I see what you mean. I am using Final Cut and the basic Cross Dissolve. Everything was 29.97fps. I did speed a few of the clips up. But most are at normal speed.

I exported using the default "YouTube and Facebook" settings.
I use Avid and Premiere Pro and they both have different type of dissolves so as a test if Final Cut has some, try another type of dissolve. I know it sounds weird since you've done this before but sometimes this kinda stuff happens. Also maybe try a different export profile.

I FIGURED IT OUT! I was using an adjustment layers for color correction. When I remove the adjustment layer, it is much smoother.

Unfortunately, when I add a transitions to the adjustment layers, it still doesn't look quite right. But at least I know the source of the issue.
Good! Now get that re-psoted so we can watch it in all its glory. Again, great work from flying to editing. Actually if the adjustment layer is just for color, why do you need to add dissolves to it? Isn't that just an "invisible" layer on top of V1 with color added to it?

Last edited:
Great flying!! I really enjoyed watching. What is the light blue cube building shown from 3:29 to 3:48 while you flew between the stacks?

Reactions: dronertv
For good clean dissolves you need good footage 1/2 the length of the dissolve on both the incoming and outgoing shot.

I wouldn’t put dissolves on an adjustment layer, but on the shots themselves.

Yo, That video was Dope!! As someone who been flying around the Upper Hudson, that was great work. Really enjoyed the visuals and the sounds.
Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60