DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Palm Bay Florida

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
c14d88e433a898bc04357cbf09518676.jpg

Last edited:
Hi jeffrey here I'm new in this drone thing and I like it a lot. Any nice place in Brevard or close good to fly and take some videos? Any group?

Pleasure to meet you, I'm Dan. I haven't found any dedicated quadcopter groups in Brevard County so far. I mostly fly near me in Cocoa at Fay Wilderness Park, Nicol Park, and the beaches. One place down by you that I'd love to fly around and explore is The Compound. I have heard about it but I have yet to venture down to explore it.

I'd love to start some kind of Brevard group or meetup where several drone pilots can carpool to unique places like lighthouses and other scenic spots to do some aerial photography. A favorite place of mine is Ponce inlet lighthouse and the nearby lighthouse point park. I find that they are pretty drone friendly.

Dan I think is a good idea. I want to learn more about aerial photography and drones. I read a lot but not too much practice because about to many rules and laws. If you plan to do something let me know i will like to meet people in this hobby. I started to learn about this and saw videos that blow my mind and start with a Phantom 4. [emoji41]

I'm a little south of you guys but just got my Mavic yesterday! Im located in Deerfield Beach but wouldn't mind meeting up to check out some cool locations to shoot!

I'm headed to Rockledge in January to visit the in-laws, hopefully with Mavic in hand.

Hi. I moved here almost 3 years ago and don't know too many places but we can do some research and get together. I flew once in Vero beach. There is a bunch of airports in the east coast.

We get over that way about once or twice a year visiting my brother in Melbourne. If it happens that anyone is flying when we come over we would love to join up too.

The rest of the time we are in Fort Myers. We are a DJI dealer and try to stock pretty much everything. The nice thing about being local is that we can always bring demos of other products for you to see and try...and of course extra batteries if you need them.

If anyone is waiting on a Mavic or has not ordered one yet we have our next shipment supposedly arriving later this month. We have about a dozen that are not pre-sold or committed to other clients...mostly Fly More combos but a few basic Mavics as well.

I recently flew around a Decommissioned power plant near my house. It proved to be an awesome place to practice aerial maneuvers to get better videos or photos.
99ff214c0d9fda28419dd16c824af2f9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

One of the best places to fly in Brevard county is Fay Lake Wilderness Park in Port Saint John. It's a great open place to fly over land, water, track dirt bike riders, and FPV without worrying about being around a lot of people. One place I have been meaning to fly over and video is simply known as The Compound. It's in Palm Bay somewhere.

Not at all, it is completely decommissioned. I got within about 20 feet of the top of the stacks without any problems. I also flew low over the distribution substation next to the plant and it was fine.
ed36a107f9003d1e56ecbf86c2701e5d.jpg
698e8888ed76d66e73883e462827a6ba.jpg
609ea35ad43b64d259d7ab990e6456b9.jpg

I did fly over the new power plant up the road that replaced this one and I had all sorts of interference issues. I still got pretty close to it though.
c5a3e15b538c2aef3558224b523462aa.jpg
a8bec5c10857bddceaaacdc7a49b663a.jpg
746dc8fa60d6fb336f713f5b4ab9897d.jpg

This one runs on natural gas and is running at full capacity. The "strong interference detected" warning was popping up on my screen like a strobe light from quite a distance away from the plant. But I never lost GPS signal.

Anybody in Brevard county? Phantom 4 until Mavic Pro decide to appear. [emoji23]

Caballete007: Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a new member here on Mavic Pilots. I live in West Melbourne near Lake Washington, and just heard my Mavic Pro is shipping today from China. Did you get yours up and running yet?

Skyclops, I love the shots of the power plants. I was thinking the of doing the same when i get mine. I have a Syma X8 now and in April I plan to purchase a Mavi Pro. I too live in Port St. John so maybe we can meet up once I receive mine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots