DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panning Video Not Smooth

raymacke

Reactions
I am finding any time I pan the video or have much movement it is no smooth. There is a uniform hesitation or jerk to the image. I am using a SanDisk Extreme U3 card and I have tried all the different video settings. I have downloaded the unedited mp4 video directly my desktop's HD and the problem is there - not just in the Fly app.

I have to be doing something wrong as I have seen a lot of beautiful footage from the Mini.

Sorry, I should have posted this to the HELP thread but don't know how to delete it.

I am finding any time I pan the video or have much movement it is no smooth. There is a uniform hesitation or jerk to the image. I am using a SanDisk Extreme U3 card and I have tried all the different video settings. I have downloaded the unedited mp4 video directly my desktop's HD and the problem is there - not just in the Fly app.

I have to be doing something wrong as I have seen a lot of beautiful footage from the Mini.

Sorry, I should have posted this to the HELP thread but don't know how to delete it.

Try going into advanced Giimbal settings and reduce the speed, play with it a bit until you get the desired effect!

you could also try CineSmooth mode called C mode in the app screen this slows all movements down and helps give a better result

in that case you will have to adjust how the gimbal reacts to yawing in the app settings it varies how soon it stops when you yaw and also the speed of the stop,a smooth yaw is one of the hardest things to achieve of all the stick inputs and takes considerable practice to get it right

After hours of messing, I finally came to the conclusion the problem is NOT the video files themself but rather the video card in my computer. It is an older but fairly robust Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti out of one of my son's older gaming systems. I took it out and installed a wimpy Nvidia GT610 I have on the shelf and they played fine. Well almost anyway, there still is a small bit of stutter now and then but workable.

I ran the same files on two other computers with much less horsepower than my main system and they played flawlessly. I haven't a clue........

Thanks for the input.

After hours of messing, I finally came to the conclusion the problem is NOT the video files themself but rather the video card in my computer. It is an older but fairly robust Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti out of one of my son's older gaming systems. I took it out and installed a wimpy Nvidia GT610 I have on the shelf and they played fine. Well almost anyway, there still is a small bit of stutter now and then but workable.

I ran the same files on two other computers with much less horsepower than my main system and they played flawlessly. I haven't a clue........

Thanks for the input.
Maybe it’s your video card/available VRAM if it plays fine elsewhere.

It's not atypical for graphics card to be the bottleneck. With just playback, VRAM size shouldn't be a factor but it's speed and GPU would be.

I had stutters once a second with playing back 1080p 60fps from my P3A years ago. Got a better card, gone. Then with M2 it was back. Got the moderate current Geforce. That improved Davinci as well.

I too have a problem with my new Mavic Mini ? When you film in 2.7k and either pan left/right or fly to the left or right a ripple effect or artefact appears across both the top and bottom of the video clip. It’s hardly noticeable in 1080p but stands out like a sore thumb in 2.7k. Lots of people have reported the same problem but as yet we haven’t had a definitive answer from DJI what’s causing the problem or if it can be fixed. Some drone owners have already exchanged their drone only to find the problem is still there. Very frustrating. It’s not what I expected given that I own other DJI products.

try filming in 10-80 p 30fps and then play it back

Even then a slow system/video card can exhibit stuttering. That's what i got with my P3A at first until I upgraded the video card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent