DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panning without me wanting it to..

Funkymon

Reactions
When I just hover my mavic and not touching any of the joysticks, it would pan a little bit left or right and it lasts about 5-8 seconds. As I fly in the air this happens too - I had to slightly counter that pan (if it's panning left, I will pan to the right with a very subtle push on the left joystick).

My hypothesis is that my controller has some issues.. Wondering if anyone experienced this issue too, and if anyone has any solution to this.

Thanks!

I would suggest: check calibration of your joysticks. Make sure they all read 0 when centered. Also look at your animated flight log on the DJI Go4 and play back to see if you are possibly putting in a tiny bit of yaw on the left stick while ascending or descending. It is a common problem.

If none of this is true, then go back to the drawing board, and start looking at calibrations and possible issues with your Mavic or controller.

I would suggest: check calibration of your joysticks. Make sure they all read 0 when centered. Also look at your animated flight log on the DJI Go4 and play back to see if you are possibly putting in a tiny bit of yaw on the left stick while ascending or descending. It is a common problem.

If none of this is true, then go back to the drawing board, and start looking at calibrations and possible issues with your Mavic or controller.

Thanks for getting back. This still happens after I calibrated my controller. It's very slight but it definitely does rotate to the right little by little without any input from me - making flying straight/long-exposure very difficult.. I have to move the joystick very slightly left to keep the view stationary. Is this common?

Thanks for getting back. This still happens after I calibrated my controller. It's very slight but it definitely does rotate to the right little by little without any input from me - making flying straight/long-exposure very difficult.. I have to move the joystick very slightly left to keep the view stationary. Is this common?
About the only other thing I could suggest is a compass cal, and an IMU cal.

Beyond that I'm running out of ideas.

I had this problem with the ipad mini. The magnets inside affecting the sticks. Once I turned the ipad around,, with home button on the right,,, it solved the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580