DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano App for Dronebase

dbsanders

Reactions
Anyone do Dronebase.com? I've done 50 pano missions now, with a payout of about 40% - not bad for something I enjoy doing in my spare time.

I've had good luck shooting the panoramas manually, but probably getting >50 shots per pano. I'd rather have a more reliable process that uses fewer photos.

I've tried Litchi (4 rows,10 shots each +1 down), and I'd say Dronebase can stitch these 75% of the time.

Does anyone use any pano app and/or settings that are reliably stitched by Dronebase?

I use FPV Camera, they have some pretty nice Pano stuff. I've never used Dronebase though.

What sort of payout do you usually get?

Reactions: Prado man
Have no experience with it.
I use hangar 360, or take the images manually and stitch them using microsoft ICE or photoshop.

I use FPV Camera, they have some pretty nice Pano stuff. I've never used Dronebase though.

What sort of payout do you usually get?

The payout for a pano is $19, or half the sale price. I believe they package a bunch of panos up and sell them at a discount to data services companies or similar. If they sell one directly to a realtor then I believe the sell price is $49, so I'd see $24.50. So far only $19 each. It seems there aren't enough client missions to go around, and I have never been offered one. Those pay much better.

I have done just over 100 pano's for Dronebase...Nick has been super helpful. My Litchi settings for my Mavic are 3 rows, 10 pics per row, and 2 Nadirs. Stitch rate is really good now. The last 25 I have submitted are at 100% with these settings - even with a lot of wind. I was thinking of trying to trim it down to 3 rows, 9 pics per row...maybe I'll play a little with it this weekend.

On a side note, I used my daughter's 3DR solo with the GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and it only took 11 pics for the pano...Dronebase stitched that one just fine too...and 11 pics was super fast. (2 rows, 5 pics each, and 1 nadir).

I thought they had a 45 pic limit for their panos. I just started with them and was surprised to be at 50% payout (9 jobs). I have used the hangar 360 app with one rejection and one accepted but it only does 23 pics and they recommend 25. I am planning on shooting a handful of jobs with hangar 360 to see if they get mostly accepted or rejected. Have you done mainly commercial or residential shoots? I have only done commercial so far.

Last edited:
And btw. How long does it typically take to upload. I use goggle chrome like they recommend and it takes forever. Not sure if its just my connection at home or something else.

I've done mostly residential (90%). Nick from Dronebase said their stitcher caps out around 60 images...so anything more than that, and it will fail.

Yes, it takes a little while to upload...but I am also uploading 4-8 missions at a time, so I just open separate windows and let them do their thing. It can take anywhere up to 30-45 minutes for an 8 mission upload. Not too bad.

I have done just over 100 pano's for Dronebase...Nick has been super helpful. My Litchi settings for my Mavic are 3 rows, 10 pics per row, and 2 Nadirs. Stitch rate is really good now. The last 25 I have submitted are at 100% with these settings - even with a lot of wind. I was thinking of trying to trim it down to 3 rows, 9 pics per row...maybe I'll play a little with it this weekend.
Cool, thanks. I'll give that a try.

I thought they had a 45 pic limit for their panos. I just started with them and was surprised to be at 50% payout (9 jobs). I have used the hangar 360 app with one rejection and one accepted but it only does 23 pics and they recommend 25. I am planning on shooting a handful of jobs with hangar 360 to see if they get mostly accepted or rejected. Have you done mainly commercial or residential shoots? I have only done commercial so far.
I've done 65 panos so far, about 70% residential, 30% commercial. I like commercial shoots because you don't get any nosy neighbors peeking out of their windows calling the police on you :)

Reactions: genesimmons
Anyone do Dronebase.com? I've done 50 pano missions now, with a payout of about 40% - not bad for something I enjoy doing in my spare time.

I've had good luck shooting the panoramas manually, but probably getting >50 shots per pano. I'd rather have a more reliable process that uses fewer photos.

I've tried Litchi (4 rows,10 shots each +1 down), and I'd say Dronebase can stitch these 75% of the time.

Does anyone use any pano app and/or settings that are reliably stitched by Dronebase?

Well the drone base app does it inside their app now? Just use that!

Well the drone base app does it inside their app now? Just use that!
Unfortunately their app doesn't have an automated pano mode, just manual. Also, it doesn't work with my Mavic for some reason - snapping pics doesn't actually get the pics in the app.

Unfortunately their app doesn't have an automated pano mode, just manual. Also, it doesn't work with my Mavic for some reason - snapping pics doesn't actually get the pics in the app.

Well I've done most of mine with litchi.

But the manual mode is better because the upload is easier via the app.

On a side note, I used my daughter's 3DR solo with the GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and it only took 11 pics for the pano...Dronebase stitched that one just fine too...and 11 pics was super fast. (2 rows, 5 pics each, and 1 nadir).
Do you have a wait time set for before or after each photo?

Would you mind taking to me aboit this. Can you PM please

How did it work out. Did hangar360 workout for you

Hangar 360 worked but it asks to assemble the pano and post for you and I select "I will do it later" (or something like that) and then I just take the pics off of my card and up load them to drone base. So I always wondered if the pics were in a cache somewhere in the app waiting to be assembled and up loaded meanwhile filling up the memory on my tablet. So yes it worked but I quit using it and just take my panos without it now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143