DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano help with Mavic Pro

dalawre2

Reactions
I have been trying to get some decent panos with my Mavic Pro, but all of the results I get these dark marks in the main image. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for any information you can provide. Here is the latest pano I tried today.

Dave

Attachments

• Butterfly Dock.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 80
I've never done pano. Does it happen when not trying pano? Something on the lens or possibly props?

Ok, so that is the exposure difference between shots. This is always more noticeable in the sky area of stitched panos. Programs like Autopano Giga and PTGui do a pretty good job of balancing the exposures to remove most of these variants.

Ok, so that is the exposure difference between shots. This is always more noticeable in the sky area of stitched panos. Programs like Autopano Giga and PTGui do a pretty good job of balancing the exposures to remove most of these variants.

Thank you for the information. I will have to try one of those programs and see if that helps. Thanks again.

Reactions: Qoncussion
If you are an IOS device user you can also try Hangar 360 as it automates the entire pano process and stitches all the pictures together for you within their cloud based service. That is if you want full 360 degree panoramas.

Reactions: dalawre2
Have taken some pano shots and the results are fine, my only problem is that there is no method for the sphere pano to be seen when exported to others, i have to take a screenshot and then share. Also try to take some where the exposure does not change and try n avoid direct sunlight.

Have taken some pano shots and the results are fine, my only problem is that there is no method for the sphere pano to be seen when exported to others, i have to take a screenshot and then share. Also try to take some where the exposure does not change and try n avoid direct sunlight.
Upload it to skypixel for the immersive effect?

Thank you all for the feedback. I will give all the suggestions a try this weekend. Happy flying!!

Thanks again for the tips, they seemed to work pretty well and I am happier with the results.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1516633217477.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516633217477.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23
  • FB_IMG_1516633220983.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516633220983.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: MurMan
I have been trying to get some decent panos with my Mavic Pro, but all of the results I get these dark marks in the main image. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for any information you can provide. Here is the latest pano I tried today.

Dave

Curious if you have a polarized lens on while shooting? A polarizer can make uneven colors

Derf,
Yes I did have a polarized lens on while shooting. The problem was that I had it on auto camera settings instead of manual settings which made the camera change settings while it turned positions.

Derf,
Yes I did have a polarized lens on while shooting. The problem was that I had it on auto camera settings instead of manual settings which made the camera change settings while it turned positions.

Thanks. I have had some bad panos with exposure and I believe it’s because I was using auto exposure. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks. I have had some bad panos with exposure and I believe it’s because I was using auto exposure. Thanks for the feedback.
No problem, but I can't all the credit. I was having the same issue and SouthernComfort suggested that I switched from "Auto" to "manual". Happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake