DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano - Sphere and 180 degree workflow

Kelpfish

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am interested in what the workflow is when you shoot spheres and 180 degree panos with the Mavic 2 Pro. The tutorials I’ve watched online only show how to shoot the panos but refer to the complexity of getting them off the SD card one into a finished product, which isn't covered at all.

Can anyone share their workflow (how to set up folders, the right files, etc.) to get them into a finished product, what software you are using to stitch them together (especially for spheres) and whether I can pull this off in raw mode or whether I have to use JPGs only.

I couldn’t find any videos or written instructions on how to do any of this online. Would appreciate some help from the experts who have done it. Heading to Canada out in Browning Pass diving then using drone during downtime.

I did look in here and there is a general explanation but not enough to get it in a finished product, so I decided to post it here and how we can get some details. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

BTW I passed my part 107 exam yesterday with an 85. I do a lot of underwater photography and motion slider work but want to broaden my products to drone imagery and footage, so here I am!!

Joe

I recommend a professional stitcher like PtGUI as results and workflow is better than in Adobe PS / LR.

My workflow
- shoot the panos with whatever Fly-App Go4, Litchie, HDR Pano)
- manually adjust your camera instead of autoMode
- RAW Format only if REALLY required
- if shot in Raw, do postprocessing if the single images, save as jpeg
- stitch with ptGUI and save the pano as HighRes in full quality
- Import with Photoshop and correct things looking not perfect. Maybe another playing around with CameraRaw filter, AdAware Content, ......
- Spheres require a special handling as the zenith shots are missing (no option to make pictures up into the sky with your drone flying). Typically you have to „fill the missing sky). Also you require an exact 2:1 width height ratio for panos

The Microsoft Freeware stitcher (ICE) is not bad, but far away from resolution, quality and options of ptGUI.

Thanks. What I meant to say was how do I produce a stereographic image from the sphere function in my Mavic. I figured that out by pulling the 26 raw files into Lightroom and stitching the pano. then pulled it into Photoshop and created the effect with Polar coordinates. Attachment below. This is just above my house as a test.

Attachments

• PANO0001-Pano.jpg
    PANO0001-Pano.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member