DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama mode in Mavic 2 ED with DJI GO

luis martinez

Reactions
I have a used Mavic 2 ED. Just updated aircraft to v01.01.0810 per update message. Is there a path to do panos with this AC?
I can only use DJI Pilot; if I start DJI GO4 on the Ipad it will say "the current device cannot use DJI GO4"
Any suggestions on apps to do panoramas?

Use Lightroom or PT GUI. I merge 6 or even as many as 20 images. PT GUI is amazing but Lightroom is better for raw (not possible with M2ED). Just make sure u have plenty of overlap (30 to 50 deg).

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thankk you.
I'm experienced with assemblying panos with PT GUI, I was referring to autonomously capturing the images like the Phantom 4 does with DJI GO 4.

Just out of interest, what model iPad are you using?
Regards

Mate have you had a look at Litchi for doing your Pano. you would need to check compatibility.
Regards

Use Lightroom or PT GUI. I merge 6 or even as many as 20 images. PT GUI is amazing but Lightroom is better for raw (not possible with M2ED). Just make sure u have plenty of overlap (30 to 50 deg).
Are you able to sort out the 26 RAW images saved from a globe exposure on Mavic 2 Pro and do a 360 panorama that can be uploaded to Kuula? I have a folder with such 26 images, but when I open them in Lightroom or Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW they are randomized.I tried to stitch a few at a time that I was able to piece together like a puzzle but it was hopeless. I have no problem with 2 to 12 images in a horizontal row.

I am on the verge of purchasing PT gui.

Dale

Are you able to sort out the 26 RAW images saved from a globe exposure on Mavic 2 Pro and do a 360 panorama that can be uploaded to Kuula? I have a folder with such 26 images, but when I open them in Lightroom or Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW they are randomized.I tried to stitch a few at a time that I was able to piece together like a puzzle but it was hopeless. I have no problem with 2 to 12 images in a horizontal row.

I am on the verge of purchasing PT gui.

Dale
Another option is PanoramaStudio Pro from PanoramaStudio 3 Pro | PanoramaStudio Panorama Software.
Kuula limits the size of the uploaded image, as I recall, lowering the ability to zoom in, and unless you pay for an upgraded account, all your uploads are publicly searchable. Not good for panos above your home or friends and relatives. I prefer to use the Web Output and upload the files to my own website, with full control over visibility.

Are you sure that DJ I Pilot on that drone cannot do panorama's. I have a Mavic Enterprise (Zoom) and it does panoramas in Pilot. It is possible that the different camera on the Enterprise Dual does not offer this but try this.

Press Menu
Make sure you are on Camera not Video
Choose Photo Mode
You will see Single Shot, then Burst....Scroll down and under Hyperlight there is Panorama
Choose this and you have options for Vertical, Horizontal, Sphere and 180* panoramas
1645509390204.png

A thing to note is that some image viewing apps/software might not recognize it as a panorama.

Actually it makes a very nice 360 panorama that works great for public safety.

Disclaimer: I have the Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom) and it is very possible that the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual does not have this feature. The Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced does not have this (Or a lot of other features that my can't bring myself to sell it Mavic 2 EZ has).

Let us know how you make out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143