DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Paragliding...

JoostGT3

Reactions
"On Eagle Wings"
Air to Air footage that I shot of a friend of mine paragliding. First attempt, so quite cautious, but absolutely loved shooting this! Back in the days when I was paragliding myself, I had been looking into getting better footage than the typical selfie stick stuff already, so happy that I could now make that dream come true!

What do you think?

very cool, i wonder if orbit mode when u locked on to him would have allowed u to get closer, how fast is he moving forward, i think the mavic tracks pretty fast in orbit mode as its meant for snoboarders and bmx etc, some closer all around footage would look super cool

Reactions: JoostGT3
Cool video, I like the views from above the best.
Thanks mate! Now you mention it, I think I do too! They stand out, as it is such an unusual point of view, and they give a good sense of the speed. The "same level" shots on the other hand stress the feeling of freedom and "being up there", I think.

very cool, i wonder if orbit mode when u locked on to him would have allowed u to get closer, how fast is he moving forward, i think the mavic tracks pretty fast in orbit mode as its meant for snoboarders and bmx etc, some closer all around footage would look super cool
Thanks mate! I was trying not to be in front of the glider too much. Speed wise, it should be possible, but it involved a risk I am/was not prepared to take. I am looking forward though to getting some more close up shots.

That's cool.
Was that some sort of "High Start" bungee type cord launching aid or was he towed up by a winch or vehicle?

Thanks Bernd,
We use a winch in the Netherlands to overcome certain disadvantages of our completely flat country...

Yeah, typically a couple of hundreds of meters, most of the time the limitation is the length of the available fields.
It is normal for us to release from the winch at more than 200m (NOT in this case when I was filming, we're only allowed to fly up to 120m in NL ;-) )

:) video i made last year, flying experience with the mavic less then 15 flight. I’m now experimenting with new shots, with my fellow pilots.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Haha fantastic Martijn! I think we have been in touch back then! This vid was the result of my first attempt, seems that great minds think alike, I see a lot of similarities in shots! Thumbswayup

Once the winds aettle a bit, I will also do some more shots, as I have some cool ideas... hahah loving this subject!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike