DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Certificate

garyh9900

Reactions
Does anyone have a recent timeline of how long it takes to receive a physical copy of your certificate once its issued? According to IACRA my remote pilot certificate was issued 7/19/21, but I have yet to see it come in the mail. I am assuming it shouldn't take 2 months, but I want to make sure before I start calling or inquiring with the FAA.

I got my temp and then about 4 weeks later my Certificate number is on IACRA but I still haven't received the card in the mail yet.

Does anyone have a recent timeline of how long it takes to receive a physical copy of your certificate once its issued? According to IACRA my remote pilot certificate was issued 7/19/21, but I have yet to see it come in the mail. I am assuming it shouldn't take 2 months, but I want to make sure before I start calling or inquiring with the FAA.

The FAA publishes data on that here:

As of today (Sept 20th, 2021):
  • We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately August 24, 2021.

So you have about a month to go before they will process your permanent certficate.

Last edited:
The FAA publishes data on that here:

As of today (Sept 20th, 2021):

So you have about a month to go before they will process your permanent certficate.
I think you may have mixed up your months. August comes after July so even if we assume the OP was talking about the temporary certificate being issued in July the permanent one would have been processed a month ago.

I think you may have mixed up your months. August comes after July so even if we assume the OP was talking about the temporary certificate being issued in July the permanent one would have been processed a month ago.

Oops. You are totally right. In this case I'm not sure why the FAA hasn't gotten around to issuing the plastic yet as it seems long overdue.

Screenshot (11)_LI.jpg
I'm just waiting on the hard copy to come in the mail. The only reason I even care is I'm wanting to submit an application for DJI's QEP program and it asks for a copy of the RPIC's certificate. I'm assuming they want a copy of the actual certificate instead of a print off of IACRA showing the certificate number.

I don't know how good an idea it is to have that info on the World Wide Web for all to see
I removed several digits from each unique identifying number, but its pretty easy to find just about anything on anyone with just a little bit of work. I see people pixelate or whiteout professional license numbers all the time, when you can simple go to the issuing authority any lookup the same number as a member of the general public.

I got an email saying my temp cert. was ready, even though IACRA had a link to print a temporary the same day my paperwork was submitted. I'm a part 61 rated pilot already, so I thought maybe it was different. The first time I printed it, the temp said certificate number pending. After getting the email, I checked again, and it still says cert number pending. Has anyone ran into this? Or is this normal?

I still haven't received mine either and I completed the exam at the end of July as well

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I got an email saying my temp cert. was ready, even though IACRA had a link to print a temporary the same day my paperwork was submitted. I'm a part 61 rated pilot already, so I thought maybe it was different. The first time I printed it, the temp said certificate number pending. After getting the email, I checked again, and it still says cert number pending. Has anyone ran into this? Or is this normal?
You won't have a cert number until it's issued.

Reactions: Jafo28
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS