DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Certification process question

Dickeire

Reactions
So I am trying to get the full commercial certificate.......I’m also a aircraft pilot .......
So I did the course online
Passed the test online
Got the FTN Number
Printed the Completion Cerificatre.
Printer the IACRA “Remote Pilot certificate and/or Application”
Had a Certified Flight Instructor verify my identity and sign it

So my question is....... NOW WHAT?????????????

DO I HAVE TO MAIL THAT FORM SOMEWHERE? What doI get that shows me as a Commericial certified Pilot?

Reactions: Classic flyer
That’s correct. I just completed mine and the site says I will receive my temporary certification in approximately 7 days. Be prepared they are having issues with the site.

Reactions: pelagic_one
That’s correct. I just completed mine and the site says I will receive my temporary certification in approximately 7 days. Be prepared they are having issues with the site.
Then what was that about the Certified Flight Instructor signature? How would they know if I actually did that or not?

Go to the IACRA website, login, and complete the online application. It’s all online, nothing needs to be mailed in.
Any ideas what this is as well?..........

PLEASE NOTE: Your application is NOT complete at this point. You must meet with a Recommending Instructor(RI) and/or Certifying Officer(CO) to complete your application.
They will need your FTN. You will need these numbers (FTN and Application ID) to inquire about your application. If applicable, a knowledge test ID will need to be provided to your CO or RI. If you forget you FTN, just log in to IACRA and it will be at the top left of the Applicant Console.

PLEASE NOTE: Your application is NOT complete at this point. You must meet with a Recommending Instructor(RI) and/or Certifying Officer(CO) to complete your application.
They will need your FTN. You will need these numbers (FTN and Application ID) to inquire about your application. If applicable, a knowledge test ID will need to be provided to your CO or RI. If you forget you FTN, just log in to IACRA and it will be at the top left of the Applicant Console.
If the test site sent electronically at the time of testing your results your test will be listed and when you select it you'll add the number of the test.

Reactions: Gindra

That doesn’t apply to Part 107 applications. Just login, click on start new application and enter the numerical code on the test results page you were given after the test. You just need to enter your FTN and the test number (proof that you passed the test). No signature needed.

Reactions: Bekanne and Gindra
Finally figured out the big picture.....
I fly 737 for a living.....
Here’s how it goes.....
Take the online course. No charge, just a bunch of videos that cover drone flying. Easy
That then leads right to the online Test. No sweat
I filled out the IACRA page, Part 107 UAS Rating and/or Application
DON’T DO IT IN SAFARI!!! I spent an hour on the tech help desk at the FAA because I did!!
Use the Chrome browser or a Windows computer.
They give you a Certificate off completion with a number at the bottom. You need that later.
Your IACRA page also gives you a FTN number on the top left of the page. And an application number. Also both important.
Then you need a “Certifying Officer”. Which says I can use a CFI.
I found a Certified Flight Instructor at the local FBO. They have to verify your identity and upload your Certificate of completion and look at your ID etc.
This CFI at the local FBO had no idea what I was talking about and was a total waste of time.
I found a co-worker that still had a valid CFI and he did it for me instead.
He looks over your IACRA form online once he has your FTN typed into his computer and digitally signs the bottom and you’re done.
Fun Fact: I called the FSDO in south Florida and they told me I didn’t qualify because I could not show currency of flight. Like a Biennial flight review in a C-152 in my logbook. I told them my AQP training applied to that and they still refused me. I finally called our POI and got it straight. I didn’t really need the FSDO anyway

What I did not know at the time and do now is that they ( a CFI or other certifying officer) can get my FTN number and look at my application online and verify everything is done correctly and completely and sign it off.

So I am trying to get the full commercial certificate.......I’m also a aircraft pilot .......
So I did the course online
Passed the test online
Got the FTN Number
Printed the Completion Cerificatre.
Printer the IACRA “Remote Pilot certificate and/or Application”
Had a Certified Flight Instructor verify my identity and sign it

So my question is....... NOW WHAT?????????????

DO I HAVE TO MAIL THAT FORM SOMEWHERE? What doI get that shows me as a Commericial certified Pilot?
Congratulations on passing your test...be safe fly smart have fun and make some$$$$

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme