DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 - Harder than expected!

DodgeP

Reactions
Philadelphia, PA | Princeton, NJ | NYC, NY
Just finished taking the test and I have to tell anyone who's using the free study guides they're finding online, you need to know your stuff frontwards, backwards and sideways. I used all the free resources I could find and only about 5 questions out of 60 were in any of the stuff I used.

My bank of questions were asked in ways that were not asked in any of the study material I used. My test was heavily weighted with charts and airspace. I'm comfortable with both but ..... the structure of the questions really threw me for a loop.

I can't remember any of the questions because no question was less than 3 sentences long and the paper they give you to write notes on, they confiscate when you've finished the test. The good thing about the test is that you can mark questions for later review. When I tell you that I marked about 30 questions for review, I'm not exaggerating. The testing also lets you see which questions you didn't answer. My strategy was to go through the test and mark or not answer questions that I didn't immediately recognize the answer for and then go back and deal with them at the end.

Out of 60 questions you can get 18 wrong and still pass (I marked 30 questions!). You can see what you got wrong after you've completed the test; if you want too.

After finishing my test (took me over an hr), and before getting my results, the proctor asked if I wanted to review any of the questions. I had so much doubt about the results that I said no and just waited for her to come back with my results.

I passed! In all honesty, I thought I failed. I guess I know more than I think I know.

Last edited:
Congrats on your certification! I had the exact same experience! Passed it well, but literally wondered if I passed when I went to see the proctor.

Reactions: DodgeP
Typical government BS. They will cover and test on crap you will never need to know, just to discourage people from getting a certificate. Trump needs to cut some of these FAA Regs .
Focus on what is relevant and test on that!!.

When I took mine back in August I had a totally different set of questions than my friend had that took it with me. Mine were mostly weather his were mostly charts if I remember correctly.

Reactions: DodgeP
I think they pull from a bank of questions. I mean; I was even studying from the 130 questions on the 3drobotics website and I was still caught off guard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa