DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Practice Tests - Am I ready?

jungle

Reactions
I have been studying the part 107 commercial drone pilot materials and am now taking practice exams. So far I have taken 5 practice tests, each one was different from the others. I passed each time.

My test scores were (approximately, rounded down) 76%, 78%, 80%, 88% and 91%.

Am I ready?

What say ye?

Only you can answer that question, but if you are asking the question then you are probably not completely ready. That's not to say you won't pass, though. FYI if you know your stuff the actual exam takes about 30 minutes.

Reactions: HVYMTL
Thank you for the feed back. That is a good rule of thumb, and yes, I can bust them out in 30 to 40 minutes.

I feel ready, however, I guess it just depends on how good the practice exams are at reflecting the actual test.

Thanks again! Thumbswayup

Thank you for the feed back. That is a good rule of thumb, and yes, I can bust them out in 30 to 40 minutes.

I feel ready, however, I guess it just depends on how good the practice exams are at reflecting the actual test.

Thanks again! Thumbswayup

Which exams are you using? In for the same right now...

I agree.
test..study your missed questions...test...study the questions that you miss...and re-test...until your score are high....and then take the test, because I guarantee you will see different questions on the test, but you should be able to pass.

Thanks for that, I have been doing just that. Using the practice tests to focus my research and learning at this point.

I have been using King Schools.com practice exams. The above comments elucidate what I like about King Schools is that they change up the questions every time you refresh to take the test. I think I have been getting 5 to 10 new questions each time I refresh the test.

https://www.kingschools.com/free-fa.../60/187001/187002/187003/187004/187005/187006

Thanks for that, I have been doing just that. Using the practice tests to focus my research and learning at this point.

I have been using King Schools.com practice exams. The above comments elucidate what I like about King Schools is that they change up the questions every time you refresh to take the test. I think I have been getting 5 to 10 new questions each time I refresh the test.

Free Part 107 Drone Pilot
Keep taking the test...you will notice over time your are getting the question. In between taking each test over, go over the ones you are missing, and make sure you understand why you missed the question, study the subject area you missed the question in, and retake the exam. I did this until I got 100% on the exams. I am a little over the top especially coming from a us marine background, we were taught to study until we understand the subject matters. Maybe you will have to study as hard as I did to pass. But just keep taking the test to get a high score on the practice exams because expect your score on the real one to be a little lower.
I think you will do good. Trust me you will be ok, you will pass.

I used the king exams also

Hey everyone!

I just took the Part 107 Remote Pilot test and passed. ThumbswayupThanks for the insights and feed back, that really helped! (and so did the diet dr. pepper before hand).

Just in case you were wondering...;) LOL!
95%.

Excuse my ignorance, but is it all states in america you have to get a pilot licence to fly drone?
Alabama surely doesn't care what you do. You could marry your drone there I supect ;)

Is this to simply operate Mavic/Phantom or does this allow you to fly above 120m AGL, less NFZ restrictions?

Excuse my ignorance, but is it all states in america you have to get a pilot licence to fly drone?
Alabama surely doesn't care what you do. You could marry your drone there I supect ;)

Is this to simply operate Mavic/Phantom or does this allow you to fly above 120m AGL, less NFZ restrictions?

the drone pilots license under part 107 allows you to conduct commercial operations with your drone. Commercial operation is defined as anything that is not just for fun. for example if you're trading fishing lures or duck decoys for an inspection of your yard sale in Alabama then that's a commercial operation. Assuming that is really an Alabama yard sale.Lol

if you do not have a remote pilot or drone commercial license under the FAA part 107 rules then you may fly as a hobbyist under the hobbyist rules.

if your drone weighs 0.55 pounds or more you have to register it with the FAA.

you are correct 120 m is the maximum altitude for drones. Plus hobbyists must stay outside or away from airports by radius of 5 miles. To fly inside the five miles radius you need prior authorization from air traffic control.

I would want to be in the 95-100% range on any of the free practices test you come across online HD3R, Kings School, Law Office one, any training program you took.

There where def some tricky worded questions on the exam. A lot of chart reading/weather reading/ and understanding weather impacts on drone as well as general regulations where a big chunk of mine

I just came across the King Schools practice test and I'm seeing a lot of things that were never mentioned to me in any of the other part 107 materials I've read and watched. There are some weather maps and terminology like CARE and PAVE checklist that I've never heard of before. Is this test trying to scare me into thinking I need to sign up for King School's part 107 training?

Some examples that I'm seeing..

1. The angle between the chord line of an airfoil and the relative wind is known as the angle of
    A. lift.
    B. attack.
    C. incidence.

2. The "yellow demarcation bar" marking indicates
    A. runway with a displaced threshold that precedes the runway.
    B. a hold line from a taxiway to a runway.
    C. the beginning of available runway for landing on the approach side.
Makes me think some of the questions in here are not part 107 related and maybe I'm seeing actual airplane pilot questions mixed in for some reason.

Last edited:
I just came across the King Schools practice test and I'm seeing a lot of things that were never mentioned to me in any of the other part 107 materials I've read and watched. There are some weather maps and terminology like CARE and PAVE checklist that I've never heard of before. Is this test trying to scare me into thinking I need to sign up for King School's part 107 training?

Some examples that I'm seeing..

1. The angle between the chord line of an airfoil and the relative wind is known as the angle of
    A. lift.
    B. attack.
    C. incidence.

2. The "yellow demarcation bar" marking indicates
    A. runway with a displaced threshold that precedes the runway.
    B. a hold line from a taxiway to a runway.
    C. the beginning of available runway for landing on the approach side.
Makes me think some of the questions in here are not part 107 related and maybe I'm seeing actual airplane pilot questions mixed in for some reason.

Number 1 you will definitely have a good chance to see in the exam as a question , number 2 I saw more questions related to runway markings than I anticipated, and didn't think to study them until I came across the kings practice exam. I did have questions about runway markings and meanings on my exam id say maybe 4-5

I bolded the answers in your questions above.

1. Angle of Attack
2. Runway with displaced threshold that precedes the runway

Like I said id want to be in the 95-100% range on all the practice exam material out there, that included a full 120 questions practice remotepilot101 offered me as enrolled person.

Not all questions on the part 107 pertain to UAV, it does actually have quite a few questions on general aircraft, aviation, weather is important to know and understand, reading terminal charts very important, regulations.

You only need a 70% to pass the exam, but its $150 dollars pass or fail and I think a waiting period in between exams

Why the hell would a drone pilot need to know runway markings? I know there's a lot of ******** in this part 107 test such as weather reports.. (hello its 2019 there's an app for that). But why would knowing runway markings be necessary for a drone pilot? I can understand knowing runway numbers and how they related to the direction a plane may be traveling.. but this is completely unnecessary IMO.

Reactions: Torcan
In my opinion this is what makes King flight schools supreme and superior to the other training. Of course they want you to pay for their study course. But they also provide you with free practice exams and free answers to your test

You can take their free practice exams online. They will grade them for you for free. And you get your results instantly.

You do not get explanations for the questions except for the first one.

This is better for you because it forces you to research what you don't know.
l
likeyou just found out king flight schools will dig up and force you to understand things you don't know. And yes trust me they will show up on the FAA exam.

just keep taking their practice exams until you can get over 90% on their test. They'll keep throwing three or four questions you've never seen before on each subsequent practice test you take.

In my opinion it's better than the bank of questions on other sites.

regardless of what you hear this is all very important for operating within the airspace of the United States or other countries. all of this knowledge and training helps you to understand what could be affecting pilots around you that's why it's important.

Why the **** would a drone pilot need to know runway markings? I know there's a lot of ******** in this part 107 test such as weather reports.. (hello its 2019 there's an app for that). But why would knowing runway markings be necessary for a drone pilot? I can understand knowing runway numbers and how they related to the direction a plane may be traveling.. but this is completely unnecessary IMO.

I hear you, but I had a few questions pertaining to markings and signage on runways, and also what the runway numbers mean in relation to direction, and which runway based to land on if wind was in X direction

questions on terminology of aircraft position in a landing pattern (base, left, midfield, final) etc. and how to identify is the aircraft is east/west north of your position based on these call outs.

I worked extra hard on these general areas and I ended up seeing quite a bit of questions on them

I hit their website pretty hard and I ended up getting 95% on the exam.

The three questions I missed or just dumb errors.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu