DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Prep Course

Any recommendations on a good part 107 prep course?
I've used Prepware Remote Pilot for both my original 107 test and recurrent test. Passed with flying colors, 95% on my last one. You can get the iOS version HERE and the Android version HERE.

Reactions: Thomas B
Reactions: Thomas B
I'm kinda partial to Drone U. www.thedroneu.com. But then again, I'm an owner, so... ?

For free online great video to get you started use Tony Northrup:

For the best paid course out there after I have checked into quite a few is:
remotepilot101.com
Jason Schappert is the best.
I passed my 107 test with no problem at all.

Reactions: RickinWaST

remotepilot101.com
Same here. Note that the login is good for life, and I recently did my recurrent so those 2 years go by fast.
I recommend taking practice exams from other sites too, like 3dr.com. Wait, I see they took their test down...shoot
Anyway, using remotepilot101.com I got a 93% on initial, then 78% on recurrent.
I went back and looked at the review material out there for the recurrent, I had studied fairly well.
The non-flight related questions on it were just rediculous. It was like they looked at the practice tests out there, and avoided the non-flight things they had, then were desperate so threw in filler. You could get the 70% by knowing what you should, but they sure like to throw in secret handshake questions just to remind us they hold the keys...

I used UAV Coach and did very well on the exam. They offer lifetime access, so I will use them again for my re-certification exam.

remotepilot101.com

Thanks for the link to the free video. Other than the FAA site, does anyone have other recommendations for free resources?

I used UAV Coach and did very well on the exam. They offer lifetime access, so I will use them again for my re-certification exam.
I went to look that up, and they do not offer a review course, only point you to:
Which is $300 a person.
Just beware remotepilot101.com is $150, and others too. The $150 seems to be the price sites have settled on.

Look up drone launch academy. Full course was 150 for me. Look for a coupon code to get a few extra dollars off. Course and materials were solid and when. I was getting 85 or better on their practice test and got a 95 on the actual. This was only about a week of casual studying with the course.

I went to look that up, and they do not offer a review course, only point you to:
Which is $300 a person.
Just beware remotepilot101.com is $150, and others too. The $150 seems to be the price sites have settled on.

Thank you for the info, but I just pulled up my course curriculum from UAV Coach. They may not promote it well, but they do have a module on Getting Recertified. The module refers you back to the lessons that align with the content of the recurrent knowledge test. They also include 3 full length practice exams (in addition to the 5 practice exams for initial certification). I have to take the recurring exam in October and I will definitely be using their materials again.

I have no idea why I decided on UAV Coach, especially since I an pretty cheap ?

Not all of the testing centers are closed. I contacted the testing facility in Leesburg VA airport a few days ago and they indicated that they were still offering the tests for two days each week.

I took the Pilot Institute course and found it very good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103