DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Registration Numbers

25Vettes

Reactions
Hello all,

I have recently passed my Part 107 and registered my drone as such. I have a previously issued registration number as a recreational user. The question is: Which number do I use on my aircraft, or do I use both? Thanks in advance!

Hello all,[

I have recently passed my Part 107 and registered my drone as such. I have a previously issued registration number as a recreational user. The question is: Which number do I use on my aircraft, or do I use both? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on passing the exam!

If you do a simple search (top right corner) you will find the same question asked and answered many times.

https://mavicpilots.com/search/334558/?q=107+registration+number&o=relevance
In short, you never put two numbers on the drone. If you are flying it strictly recereationally you can leave the existing number on it. If you plan on doing any Part 107 flying with it at all then you must register the drone itself under Part 107 and put that number on it.

Reactions: 25Vettes

If you do a simple search (top right corner) you will find the same question asked and answered many times.

In short, you never put two numbers on the drone. If you are flying it strictly recereationally you can leave the existing number on it. If you plan on doing any Part 107 flying with it at all then you must register the drone itself under Part 107 and put that number on it.

Thank you!

I called FAA after passing and obtaining part 107 certification and they agent told me I did not need to register drone again I I had already registered it ???

I called FAA after passing and obtaining part 107 certification and they agent told me I did not need to register drone again I I had already registered it ???

If you had previously registered it under the Part 107 system (which you can do even if you are not Part 107 certified), then that's correct. But if you had previously registered under the recreational system, which actually registers you rather than the drone and gives you one number to put on all drones that you own, then that's incorrect.

If you had previously registered it under the Part 107 system (which you can do even if you are not Part 107 certified), then that's correct. But if you had previously registered under the recreational system, which actually registers you rather than the drone and gives you one number to put on all drones that you own, then that's incorrect.
How to re register as part 107?
Because when I called they really didn’t act like they knew what or why

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000